Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W
Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W: same footprint, more power
The Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W board incorporates an “all-in-one” system, designed by its creator, that allows it to operate with the same chip as the Raspberry Pi 3, i.e. the BCM2710A1. It is therefore more powerful, since it benefits from a 64-bit quad-core processor clocked at 1 GHz.
However, the designers of this new microcontroller have been careful not to play with the form factor or connectivity (WiFi and Bluetooth), allowing you to simply exchange your Raspberry Pi Zero W for its successor. Also, despite being more powerful, the new board is like the others in the Zero range in that it consumes little power and comes in at a very low price.
This new, faster Zero model, with its Raspberry Pi 3 inspired architecture, offers some interesting surprises in terms of connectivity:
- Faster Bluetooth data transmission thanks to the switch from 4.0 to 4.2
- Better video compression, made possible by the new processor
- A CSI-2 camera port, replacing the CSI connector
Technical specifications of the Zero 2 W board
- Processor: Broadcom BCM2710A1, quad-core 64-bit SoC (Arm Cortex-A53 @ 1GHz)
- Random access memory (RAM): 512 MB LPDDR2
- WiFi 2.4 GHz IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.2, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- 1 micro USB 2.0 On-The-Go (OTG)
- 1 mini HDMI
- 1 micro USB for power
- HAT compatible 40-pin GPIO I/O header footprint
- microSD card slot
- CSI-2 camera connector
- H.264, MPEG-4 decode (1080p30)
- H.264 encode (1080p30)
- OpenGL ES 1.1, 2.0 graphics
- Composite video and reset pins via solder test points
- Input voltage: 5 V DC / 2.5 A
- Operating temperature: -20 to +70 °C
- Dimensions: 65 mm × 30 mm
- Production lifetime: Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W will remain in production until at least January 2028