Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
Luxonis OAK-1 Camera
OAK-1 is a 12-megapixel RGB on-board camera you can use for AI processing.
OAK-1: a powerful, compact stereoscopic camera
The OAK-1 depth camera is not a standard camera. It’s small, compact and has an AI unit that processes images in real time. It can perform up to 4 trillion operations in less than a second.
Built around the Intel® Movidius™ Myriad™ X VPU for depth and AI processing, this 12 MP RGB camera communicates via an on-board MIPI 2.1 interface directly with the Robotics Vision Core 2. The RVC2 offers:
- Numerous DepthAI features
- An efficient SoC and all its supporting circuitry (HS layout, power delivery network, efficient heat dissipation, etc.)
You can use the OAK-1 camera alone or with a NVIDIA Xavier Jetson, Raspberry Pi or other nanocomputer. It offers 4 TOPS of processing power (1.4 TOPS for AI). You’ll be able to run any AI model!
Comes in two versions
Luxonis offers two versions of its camera: USB and PoE versions.
- The OAK-1 includes a USB-C connector for power and connectivity, compatible with USB2 and USB3 ports.
- The OAK-1 PoE uses Power over Ethernet (PoE) for communication and power, and is more robust than the OAK-1 because it has an IP67 waterproof enclosure, offering 802.3af Class 3 PoE compliance with 1000BASE-T speeds.
Choosing the right focus
The OAK-1 camera is available in two variants:
- Auto-focus: recommended for close objects between 10 cm to 50 cm of the device (see video). They can also be manually set to a specific focus position utilizing the DepthAI API.
- Fixed-focus: recommended for heavy-vibration applications, such as drones, lawnmowers, or vehicles (see video).
|DFOV / HFOV / VFOV||78° / 66° / 54°||81° / 69° / 55°|
|Resolution||12MP (4032x3040)||12MP (4032x3040)|
|Focus||AF 8cm - ∞||FF : 50cm - ∞|
|Max Framerate||60 FPS||60 FPS|
Why choose a Luxonis camera?
Luxonis delivers turnkey products capable of running a first basic script in less than 30 seconds. The camera processes images directly, which considerably reduces the load on your robot’s computer. And these cameras use DepthAI, an open-source software suite licensed by MIT with AI training based on Myriad X.
Which OAK is right for you?
Compare OAK cameras and choose the models that best suit your needs
|OAK-1||OAK-D lite||OAK-D S2||OAK-D Pro|
|Cameras||1x RVB 12M||2x N/B 1x RVB 13M||2x N/B 1x RVB 12M||2x N/B 1x RVB 12M|
|Wide Angle Support||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Connection||USB ou PoE||USB||USB ou PoE||USB ou PoE|
Technical specifications of the OAK-1 RGB camera
- USB-C connector for both power and communication, supporting USB2 and USB3 protocols (5Gbps / 10Gbps)
- 4 TOPS of processing power (1.4 TOPS for AI)
- Encoding: H.264, H.265, MJPEG - 4K/30FPS, 1080P/60FPS
- Computer vision: warp/dewarp, resize, crop, edge detection, feature tracking
- Object tracking: 2D and 3D tracking
- Sensor: IMX378
- DFOV / HFOV / VFOV : 78° / 66° / 54°
- Resolution: 12MP (4032 x 3040)
- Focus: 8 cm - ∞
- Max Framerate: 60 FPS
- Lens size: 1/2,3 inch
- Enclosure compatible with standard tripod mount (1/4”-20)
- USB device power LED indicators
- Dimension: 36 x 54.5 x 27.8 mm
- Weight: 53.1g
- OAK-1 camera
- Cable USB-CA-1m
- Cleaning cloth
- 802.3af PoE, 1 Gbps Ethernet
- IP67 Sealed casing/protection
- 16GB Internal Storage (eMMC)
- DFOV / HFOV / VFOV: 81° / 69° / 55°
- Dimension: 82 x 114 x 32 mm
- Weight:294 g
- OAK-1 PoE camera
- Ethernet cable, 2m
- Cable gland
PoE injectors are not included in the package.
Resources for the OAK-1 depth camera
Luxonis vs. RealSense: Which depth camera should I choose?
Essential for developing autonomous mobile robots, see our comparison between the two brands