Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
Luxonis OAK-D S2 Camera
The OAK-D S2 combines stereo depth perception with artificial intelligence and is ideal for lots of applications, including robotics.
AI camera for fast and accurate detection
Built around the Intel® Movidius™ Myriad™ X, the OAK-D S2 is a 3D stereo camera with integrated image processing, which significantly reduces the load on your robot’s computer. Lighter and smaller than the previous version, it includes 3 on-board cameras offering 4 TOPS of processing power (1.4 TOPS for AI) and 12 MP (4032 x 3040) resolution.
Designed specifically for engineers building robots, the OAK-D S2 camera offers accurate depth perception and real-time object tracking.
Choice of 2 versions
The Luxonis OAK-D S2 depth camera comes in two versions: the OAK-D S2 and the OAK-D S2 PoE.
The OAK-D S2 includes a USB-C connector for power and connectivity, compatible with USB2 and USB3 ports.
The OAK-D S2 PoE is more robust because it has an IP65 waterproof enclosure, making it ideal for industrial and outdoor use. In addition, it has an industrial M12 PoE connector (instead of a single RJ45) and an M8 connector for IO connectivity.
Choosing the right focus
Both models come with the auto-focus and fixed-focus features:
- Auto-focus: recommended for close objects between 10 cm to 50 cm of the device (see video). They can also be manually set to a specific focus position utilizing the DepthAI API.
- Fixed-focus: recommended for heavy-vibration applications, such as drones, lawnmowers, or vehicles (see video)
|DFOV / HFOV / VFOV||78° / 66° / 54°||81° / 69° / 55°|
|Resolution||12MP (4032x3040)||12MP (4032x3040)|
|Focus||AF 8cm - ∞||FF : 50cm - ∞|
|Max Framerate||60 FPS||60 FPS|
Why choose a Luxonis camera?
Luxonis stands apart from other manufacturers for its ability to provide cameras everyone can use and which can be set up extremely rapidly (less than 30 seconds). All their cameras work with the open-source ecosystem (DepthAI) of firmware, software and AI training, licensed by MIT. And all cameras can be used with a variety of platforms: Raspberry Pi, Jetson Nano development kit, Google Edge TPU Coral, etc.
Technical specifications of the OAK-D S2 RGB camera
- USB-C connector for both power and communication, supporting USB2 and USB3 protocols (5Gbps / 10Gbps)
- 4 TOPS of processing power (1.4 TOPS for AI)
- Run any AI model, even custom architectured/built ones
- Encoding: H.264, H.265, MJPEG - 4K/30FPS, 1080P/60FPS
- Computer vision: warp/dewarp, resize, crop, edge detection, feature tracking…
- Stereo depth perception at 120 FPS with filtering
- Object tracking: 2D and 3D tracking
- Dimensions : 97 x 29.5 x 22.9 mm
- Poids : 91 g
- OAK-D S2 camera
- Cable USB-CA-1m
OAK-D S2 PoE
- M12 X-Coded Ethernet, 802.3af PoE, 1 Gbps Ethernet
- M8 connector with quite a bit of IO flexibility, including USB2 host
- IP65 Sealed casing/protection
- Dimensions : 111 x 40 x 31,3 mm
- Poids : 184 g
- OAK-D S2 PoE camera
- M12 plug to RJ45 cable, 2m
- Cleaning cloth
PoE injectors are not included in the package.
Which OAK is right for you?
Compare OAK cameras and choose the models that best suit your needs
|OAK-1||OAK-D lite||OAK-D S2||OAK-D Pro|
|Cameras||1x RVB 12M||2x N/B 1x RVB 13M||2x N/B 1x RVB 12M||2x N/B 1x RVB 12M|
|Wide Angle Support||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Connection||USB ou PoE||USB||USB ou PoE||USB ou PoE|
Resources for the OAK-D S2 depth camera
Luxonis vs. RealSense: Which depth camera should I choose?
Essential for developing autonomous mobile robots, see our comparison between the two brands