Interbotix TurtleBot 2i with Manipulator Arm
Including €2.50 for ecotax
Interbotix TurtleBot 2i: a navigation and manipulation virtuoso
The two best features of this new Trossen robot are no doubt: its processor and sensors, allowing it to move around in its environment with incredible ease; and its native support of the Pincher MK3 robotic arm (provided) used for fine manipulation of small objects. It's a robotics set that needs to be assembled.
TurtleBot 2i boasts multiple talents:
- It manipulates and sorts small objects
- It has autonomous navigation capacities
- It avoids obstacles
- It anticipates paths
- It identifies maps and routes
Autonomous navigation - Interbotix Turtlebot 2i
All with fully open-source support to make programming-based research on autonomous mobile robots easier. You’ll also enjoy MoveIt, an open-source inversed kinematics solution for controlling the robotic arm.
A most flexible Kobuki base
Another great advantage of this new Trossen Robotics research robot is its comprehensive platform composed of multiple decks that you can mix and match at will. The Kobuki base is 100% modular and allows you to connect any additional sensors you might think of, in addition to the various sensors and 3D cameras already provided.
And in terms of sensors you’re spoiled for choice: there’s a long-range 3D Orbbec Astra camera for navigation and mapping, a short-range Intel RealSense SR300-Series 3D camera for manipulation, dedicated navigation tools (accelerometer, gyroscope and compass) as well as bumpers allowing your robot to get a better grasp of its surrounding environment and obstacles while also protecting it.
Technical specifications of the TurtleBot 2i educational robotProcessor:
- INTEL NUC - BOXNUC6CAYH
- 8GB Ram
- 120 GB or better SSD card
- Wifi 802.11AC / Bluetooth 4.0
- Ubuntu 16.04 / ROS Kinetic
- Intel RealSense 3D camera SR300-Series
- Orbbec Astra camera
- Bumper sensors and edge detection
- Kobuki mobile base
- Modular and interchangeable decks
- Pincher MK3 robotic arm
- Arbotix-M robocontroller
- Max. translational velocity: 70 cm/s
- Max. rotational velocity: 180 °/s (>110 °/s gyro performance will degrade)
- Payload: 2 kg (without the robotic arm), 1 kg (with the robotic arm)
- Cliff: will not drive off a cliff of a depth greater than 5 cm
- Threshold climbing: climbs thresholds of 12 mm or lower
- Rug climbing: climbs rugs of 12 mm or lower
- Autonomy of the Kobuki base: 4 to 6 hours (depending on the load). Autonomy of NUC and arm: approximately 1 hour.
- Charging time: 2 to 3 hours
- Automatic charging within a 2 m x 5 m area in front of the docking station (not included)
Resources for the TurtleBot 2i mobile robot with robotic arm
Your TurtleBot 2i robot by Trossen Robotics does not come unaccompanied – make the most of the wealth of resources, gathered here to make your life simpler!
- TurtleBot 2i Interbotix getting started guide
- TurtleBot 2i Interbotix assembly guide
- TurtleBot 2i Interbotix battery care instructions
- GitHub for the TurtleBot 2i Interbotix mobile base
- GitHub issues/bug reporting
- PhantomX Pincher Programmable Robotic Arm (Interbotix TurtleBot 2i compatible) assembly guide
- Max. speed
- 0-2,5 km/h
- 0-5 kg