Sabertooth 2x32 Motor Driver
Sabertooth 2x32 is a dual channel motor driver capable of supplying 32A to two motors–with peak currents up to 64A. It can be operated from radio control, analogue, TTL serial or USB inputs. It uses regenerative drive and will boost your robot!
Including €0.02 for ecotax
Sabertooth 2x32 motor driver: for your most powerful mobile creations
Delivering 32A per motor, the Dimension Engineering Sabertooth regenerative driver will give you the freedom to operate your heaviest mobile robots–up to 136 kg!– at will. Configure your controller as you see fit, make the most of its additional signal inputs and power outputs, and choose the communication method on the fly. For instance, you can create a radio-controlled mobile robot that’s virtually inexhaustible: the batteries are charged each time it brakes or reverses thrust. You’re truly ready for any adventure!
A full range of regenerative drivers
Dimension Engineering’s motor drivers are available in different powers: 2 x 12A, 2 x 32A, 2 x 5A and 2 x 60A. Choose the right Sabertooth to meet your needs according to the motors you want to power and drive, whatever the operating mode (USB, TTL serial, analogue or radio-controlled). Whether you own a lightweight mobile robot or a combat tank weighting more than 100 kg, you’re good to go!
Technical specifications of the Dimension Engineering Sabertooth motor driver
- Power: 32A continuous, 64A peak (per channel)
- Voltage: 6-30V nominal, 33.6V absolute maximum
- Synchronous regenerative drive
- Ultrasonic switching frequency: 30 kHz
- Thermal and overcurrent protection
- Battery protection mode
- USB control and monitoring
- USB serial converter mode for Kangaroo x2
- Configurable current limiting
- Custom user modes
- 12-bit motor outputs
- Input modes: analogue, R/C, serial (plain text or packetised), USB
- Dimensions: 70 × 90 × 25 mm
- Power outputs can act as voltage clamps, brakes, or be controllable
Resources for the Dimension Engineering motor driver
Get to know your Sabertooth 2x32 motor driver and download all the necessary software to make the most of it!
- Number of channels
- Max amps per channel
- 50-70 A
Bostjan T. published the 12/03/2021 following an order made on 01/03/2021
Zeljko P. published the 27/02/2021 following an order made on 16/02/2021