Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
Sabertooth 2x5 Motor Driver
Including €0.02 for ecotax
The Sabertooth 2x5 motor driver can supply two DC brushed motors with up to 5A each continuously. It’s the perfect solution for small robots!
Dimension Engineering motor drivers: let your small racers roll!
Generating 2 x 5A of continuous power and 10A of peak current per motor, the Sabertooth 2x5 motor driver from Dimension Engineering will delight the designers of small mobile robots. You can control the speed and/or direction of your mobile robotics platforms, and give differential drive a try. Four modes are available: analogue, radio control, plain text serial or packetised serial. The key here is design freedom!
A full range of regenerative drivers
With the regenerative motor driver, the batteries are charged each time it brakes or reverses thrust. Your machine will benefit from a greater autonomy, wherever it may run. The Sabertooth 2x5 belongs to a family of drivers that can supply small machines and heavier creations alike: it delivers up to 2 x 60A for the most ambitious roboticians!
Technical specifications of the Sabertooth 2x5 driver
- Weight: 19 g
- Input voltage: 6-18V
- Power supply: 6 to 12 NiMH or NiCd cells, 2s-4s LiPo battery, 6 to 12V lead acid battery (never +18V!)
- Output current: 5A continuous per motor, 10A peak per motor
- Synchronous regenerative drive
- Ultrasonic switching frequency
- Thermal and overcurrent protection
- Lithium protection mode
- Input modes: analogue, R/C, serial (plain text or packetised)
- Dimensions: 45 × 40 × 13 mm
Resources for the 2x5A motor driver
We’ve gathered everything you need, from assembly guides to start guides to programming manuals, to make sure you enjoy your Sabertooth 2x5 motor driver to the full!
- Number of channels
- Max amps per channel
- 10-25 A
- With STO