Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
RPLIDAR A3M1 Laser Range Scanner (360°)
Including €0.10 for ecotax (not impacted by the discount)
SLAMTEC RPLIDAR A3M1: an outdoor and indoor laser range scanner
The first (non-negligible) advantage of the RPLIDAR A3M1 is that it works just as well indoors as outdoors. Indoors, its “enhanced” mode improves the beam range and sample rate, making it capable of accurately mapping scanned objects and locations. Outside, the “outdoor” mode limits interference from sunlight to avoid glare phenomena.
You can adjust the scan rate between 5 and 20 Hz (typical value of 10 Hz) depending on your needs and the surrounding environment. An automatic detection system alters the angular resolution according to the rotation speed of the device. It uses a TTL UART communication interface to not only transmit data obtained during scanning, but also retrieve the information needed for the scanner to function properly. Finally, the A3M1 360° range scanner uses a low power infrared laser that emits very short light pulses, meaning it won’t harm the eyes of either humans or animals.
Many application scenarios
The SLAMTEC RPLIDAR A3M1 requires a compatible SDK to transfer and analyse data. You will also need to update this SDK (or modify the original driver) to match the range scanner’s different sample rate (16 kHz in enhanced mode).
You can use this 360° range scanner for environment mapping, 3D re-modelling, robot navigation and localisation, robotic cleaning system (for example in a vacuum cleaner), SLAM, obstacle avoidance robot, and more. In short, cartloads of applications for your future electronics or robotics projects!
Technical specifications of the RPLIDAR A3M1 360° Laser Range Scanner
- 2 operating modes: enhanced/outdoor
- White object: 25 m
- Black object: 8–10 m
- Sample rate: 10 or 16 kHz
- Scan rate: 15 Hz (adjustable between 5 and 20 Hz)
- Angular resolution: 0.225 or 0.36°
- Communication interface: TTL UART
- Communication speed: 256000 bps
- Supports former SDK protocols
- Laser wavelength: 775 to 795 nm (785 typical) (infrared light band)
- Laser power: 10 mW
- Pulse length: 60 à 90 us
- Laser safety class: IEC-60825 Class 1
- Power voltage: 4.9–5.5V
- Power voltage ripple: 50 mV max. (20 mV typical)
- System start current: 1,500 mA max. (1,200 mA typical)
- Power current: 200 mA @ 5V power off (220 mA max.); 450 mA @ 5V power on (600 mA max.)
- PWM frequency: 24,500–25,500 Hz
- Duty cycle range: 0–100%, 60% typical (scanner frequency at 10 Hz with high pulse width)
- Weight: 190 g
- Temperature range: 0–45 °C
Resources for the A3 Range Scanner
This ultra-comprehensive datasheet will provide any additional information you might need on the 3D laser range scanner.
- Supply voltage
- 5 Vdc
- Scanning frequency
- 5-20 Hz
- Aperture angle
- Scanning range
- 20-25 m
- Laser beams