Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
RPLIDAR A1M8 - 360 Degree Laser Scanner Development Kit
Including €0.05 for ecotax
Small, accurate, low cost and fast, the 2D 360° RPLIDAR A1M8 laser scanner can perform about everything you can imagine, from 3D mapping to obstacle detection.
RPLIDAR A1M8 - 360 Degree Laser Scanner Development Kit: a high-precision rotary laser
The RPLIDAR A1M8 laser scanner is a 360° rotary 2D scanner system capable of detecting obstacles at a distance of 6 metres. Very effective in all types of environments, provided that you avoid brightly sunlit locations, this RPLIDAR scanner can get accurate data on the position of objects within the reach of its laser triangulation measurement system. The laser rotates clockwise and performs three readings.
Low cost in all respects, the RPLIDAR A1M8 scanner does its job using less than 5 mW. Its accuracy and sampling speed are also convincing, including when it’s operating at its maximum range. It can determine the general shape of a room and its content, and proves very effective in all surveillance, mapping or autonomous navigation applications.
A 360° A1M8 laser scanner: what for?
Low cost and compact, this 2D laser scanner can be fitted on a mobile robot already equipped with autonomous navigation solutions ( IMU , sensors , etc.), like a cleaning robot. It can also be used as the central component of a surveillance and detection system, or of a device created for mapping and 3D modelling purposes. Finally, you can create a small mobile robot that’s able to avoid obstacles. In short, this scanner has everything it takes to fully satisfy your needs!
Technical specifications of the A1M8 scanner
- Indoor and outdoor use (without sunlight)
- 360° omnidirectional laser scanner
- Adaptable scan rate: 5 to 10 Hz
- Range: ±0.2 to 6 m
- Angular field of view: ±0 to 360°
- Resolution: <0.5 mm (<1.5 m) or <1% of the distance (all distance range)
- Angular resolution: ≤1° (at 5.5 Hz)
- Sampling duration: <500 ns
- Sampling frequency: >2000 Hz
- Scan rate: ±1 to 10 Hz, 5.5 HZ typical (when RPLIDAR takes 360 samples per scan)
- Wavelength: ±775 to 795 nm, 785 nm typical (infrared light band)
- Pulse length: 110 us
Peak laser power:
- Minimum: TBD
- Maximum: 5 mw
- Typical value: 3 mw
- Interface: 3.3V TTL (UART) serial port
Resources for the RPLIDAR A1M8 scanner
Here is a unique but exhaustive link to help you get the most of your RPLIDAR A1M8 scanner!