Dynamixel-P PM54-040-S250-R Servo
Born out of the new Dynamixel-P series from Robotis, the Dynamixel M54P-040-S250-R servo motor offers performance comparable to the M54-040-S250-R model, with a degree of precision twice as high!
Including €0.10 for ecotax
Dynamixel-P M54P-040-S250-R Servo Motor: spectacular resolution
The Dynamixel -P series features all-in-one, fully programmable servo motors, offering many control modes (velocity, position, PWM, etc.). The Dynamixel-P M54P-040-S250-R servo motor combines all these exciting features and new ones:
- Unrivalled precision in the Dynamixel-P range thanks to two absolute contactless and incremental encoders;
- A high-quality BLDC Maxon motor;
- Extremely reliable and durable gears and housing made of precious metal;
- An improved design offering better heat sink and protecting the servo from dust and liquids;
- A new JST connector for more stable communication.
Multiple uses for your high-precision Dynamixel servo
With a resolution of 0.0007°per revolution (versus 0.0014° compared to the equivalent model in the PRO series) and its improved response time, the Dynamixel M54P-040-S250-R servo motor can perform high-precision tasks in the fields of research, innovation or industry. The numerous features of this Dynamixel servo enable you to design your first industrial manipulator, a pan-and-tilt system for your surveillance camera, or a humanoid, autonomous mobile robot.
Your Dynamixel M54P-040-S250-R servo motor allows many configuration possibilities with the right frames. It has everything you’ll need to try your hand at the most sophisticated creations.
Technical specifications of the Dynamixel M54P-040-S250-R servo by Robotis
- Cortex-M4 controller (168 Mhz, 32 bits)
- Voltage rating: 24V
- No-load speed: 28.4 RPM
- No-load current: 1.32A
- Torque: 3.9 Nm
- Speed: 24.2 RPM
- Current rating: 1.9A
- 0.0007° per revolution
- 502 834 pulses per revolution
- Angle: 360°
- Position sensor: absolute contactless encoder, incremental encoder
- Operating temperature: -5 to 55°C
- BLDC Maxon motor
- Baud rate: 9,600 to 10,500,000 bds
- PID control algorithm
- Gear type: cycloid
- Material (gear and case): precious metal
- Dimensions: 54 x 108 x 54 mm
- Weight: 710 g
- Reduction ratio: 251.4:1
- Control signal: digital packets
- Protocol: half-duplex asynchronous serial communication (8 bits, 1 stop, no parity)
- Connection: RS-485 multidrop bus
- Addresses: 253 IDs (0~252), ID 1 selected by default
- Protocol version: 2
- Feedback: position, velocity, current, temperature, input voltage, external port, etc.
- Control modes: torque, velocity, position, extended position, PWM, etc.
- Output: 40W
- Standby current: 40 mA
Resources for the M54P-040-S250-R servo
As always, you’ll find below all the documents and download links required to get started with your Dynamixel M54P-040-S250-R servo motor!
Check that your Dynamixel servomotor is correctly configured. Do not hesitate to re-flash it with the ROBOTIS Software Roboplus. After re-flash remember to re-configure it. If the issue is not solved, contact us for an advanced support.
The motor is probably not well mounted. Check that you correctly mounted the horns by respecting the mark.
Check your power supply and the system cabling (try with a different servomotor). You can also reset the servo. If nothing works, the best solution is to go through the Dynamixel servomotor checklist!
The 1.0 protocol is specific to the Dynamixel AX and MX series. Protocol 2.0 has been developed with the new X series and Dynamixel Pro. Protocol 2.0 control tables include PID controls for extremely precise adjustment of servo movements. The firmware of the MX series servos can be upgraded to use protocol 2.0. You can refer to the protocol 1.0 and protocol 2.0 pages for more information.