RS-Ruby Robosense 3D Laser Rangefinder (LiDAR)
The future of autonomous vehicles is shaping up with Robosense's RS-Ruby 3D laser Rangefinder, a Lidar with impressive performance and effecient in all weathers.
Lidar RS-Ruby: Up to 250 m range
This long-range laser rangefinder is the most advanced model currently offered by Robosense. It is at the heart of the RS-Fusion-P5 system that combines RS-Ruby and RS-BPearl. These two laser rangefinders combine their performance for ideal blind spot coverage.
With a maximum range of 250 m (rather 200 m under normal driving conditions), and a vertical resolution able to reach 0.1°, the Lidar RS-Ruby is an indispensable tool for on-board obstacle detection. If there is still a blind spot of about 40 cm, the very high accuracy and high resolution of this 128-beam rangefinder makes it a state-of-the-art equipment.
A rugged, resistant and rustic laser rangefinder
One of the key criteria for meeting the requirements of the autonomous vehicle industry is resistance to environmental factors. An obstacle sensor must be able to operate under all circumstances, including in conditions of strong sunlight.
The RS-Ruby laser rangefinder adapts to a wide range of natural light levels. It also ignores interference from other Lidars... especially when used in a system combining different rangefinders. In addition, RS-Ruby is capable of operating at temperatures between -30 and +60°. That's enough to launch its autonomous car on all the roads of the planet.
RS-Ruby 3D Laser Technical Specifications
- Laser beam: 128
- Wavelength: 905 nm
- Horizontal FOV: 360°
- Vertical FOV: 40°
- Laser class: class1
- Horizontal Resolution: 0,2°/0,4°
- Vertical Resolution: Up to 0.1º
- Range: 250m (200m@10% NIST)
- Blind spot: 40 cm
- Frame Rate: 10 Hz/20 Hz
- Range Accuracy (Typical): Up to ±3cm
- Rotation Speed: 600/1200 RPM (10/20 Hz)
- Points Per Second: 2,304,000pts/s (Single return Mode); Points Per Second: 4,608,000pts/s (Dual return Mode)
- Ethernet Connection: 1000Mbps
- Output: UDP packets over Ethernet
- UDP Packet include: Spatial Coordinates, Intensity, Timestamp, etc.
- Operating Voltage: 9V - 32V
- Power Consumption: 45W
- Operating Temperature: -30°C ~ +60°C
- Storage Temperature: -40°C~ +85°C
- Synchronization: $GPRTM with 1 PPS
- Ingress Protection: IP67
- Dimensions : 166 x 148,5 mm
- Weight(without cabling): 3,75 kg
Resources of the Robosense RS-Ruby Laser Rangefinder
Take a closer look at the capabilities of the RS-Ruby 3D Laser Rangefinder with these resources:
- Supply voltage
- 9-28 Vdc
- Scanning frequency
- 5-20 Hz
- Aperture angle
- Scanning range
- 150-250 m
- Laser beams