Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
RoboSense RS-Ruby Lite 3D Laser Range Finder (LiDAR)
If you’re in need of a 3D laser range finder that’s highly reliable but more affordable than RoboSense’s flagship products, look no further. RS-Ruby has introduced a mid-range model, the RS-Ruby Lite, which will fully satisfy developers of solutions for unmanned vehicles.
The “Lite” version of the RS-Ruby 3D laser range finder
You can already purchase the RS-Ruby from our website, considered a star RoboSense LiDAR. It offers a solid performance and state-of-the-art technology, but at a price that makes it more suitable for research laboratories and industry.
This Lite version of the RS-Ruby 3D laser range finder has been designed to be more accessible. Much more affordable than the version with 128 beams, it nonetheless offers:
- 80 laser beams at 905 nm
- A maximum range of 230 m (compared to 250 m for its big brother), 160 m under normal driving conditions
- A blind spot of less than 1 m
- A 360° horizontal field of view and a 40° vertical field
- A resolution that’s of course lower than for the 128-laser beam model, but which nevertheless attains 2,880,000 points per second in dual return mode.
An RS-Ruby heritage for autonomous driving
With specifications very similar to those of the RS-Ruby, the RS-Ruby Lite is designed for all autonomous driving and unmanned vehicle applications. If you’re looking for a range finder that will give you a global understanding of its environment and obstacles, in real time and in all weathers, you will be particularly satisfied with your choice.
Offering an angular resolution between 0.1° and 0.4° and an accuracy to within 3 cm, you can launch your vehicle on the road.
Data collected is sent in UDP packets including spatial coordinates and timestamps. Although less data is transmitted compared to the brand’s more expensive models, it offers the same key parameters:
- High angular resolution
- Long capture range
- Ideal balance between uniformity and consistency, and definition of details
- Anti-interference technology for optimum operation in all natural and artificial lighting conditions
Technical specifications of the RoboSense RS-Ruby Lite laser range finder
- Number of lines: 80
- Laser wavelength: 905 nm
- Laser safety: Class 1
- Range: 230 m (160 m @ 10 % NIST)
- Blind spot: ≤ 1 m
- Accuracy: ±3 cm
- Horizontal field of view: 360°
- Vertical field of view: 40°
- Horizontal resolution: 0.1°/0.2°/0.4°
- Vertical resolution: up to 0.1°
- Frame rate: 5 Hz/10 Hz/20 Hz
- Rotation speed: 300/600/1200 rpm (5/10/20 Hz)
- Points per second: 1,440,000 pts/s (single return mode)
- Points per second: 2,880,000 pts/s (dual return mode)
- Ethernet connection: 1,000 Mbps
- Output: UDP packets over Ethernet
- UDP packet includes: spatial coordinates, intensity, timestamp, etc.
- Operating voltage: 19-32V
- Power consumption: 38W
- Weight (without cabling): ≈ 3.75 kg
- Dimensions: 166 mm diameter, 148.5 mm high
- Operating temperature: -30 °C ~ +60 °C
- Storage temperature: -40 °C ~ +85 °C
- Ingress protection: IP67