Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
RoboSense RS-Helios-16P LiDAR
RS-Helios-16P: a high-speed 360° laser range finder
The new RoboSense series of LiDARs includes a 16 laser beam version: the RS-Helios-16P. This model boasts many of the same features as the RS-LiDAR-16 3D, also by Boston Dynamics. But the Helios series has also introduced some changes, and for the better:
- A much higher data rate, with 576,000 pts/s in dual return
- More comprehensive feedback
- A high-performance automotive Ethernet connection, allowing you to work on more advanced autonomous navigation and 3D mapping applications
- A minimum speed of 600 rpm, instead of 300
RoboSense RS-Helios-16P LiDAR: high-performance automotive Ethernet
With the arrival of increasingly complex in-vehicle systems (assisted driving, intelligent safety systems, connected cars, etc.), we have to be able to rely on high-bandwidth connections.
The RS-Helios-16P LiDAR is equipped with the most powerful automotive Ethernet technology in terms of data rate: Ethernet 100Base-T1, for a full-duplex flow of 100 Mbits/s. This makes it an ideal accessory for all your autonomous mobile robots (UGV exploration, industrial transport robots, etc.).
The UDP packet can send a wide variety of data via Ethernet: geographical coordinates, timestamps, etc. And there’s also a demonstration video, showing the RS-Helios-16P’s mapping capabilities.
Technical specifications of the RS-Helios-16P LiDAR
- Number of lines: 16
- Laser wavelength: 905 nm
- Laser safety class: 1 (safe for the eyes)
- Range: 150 m (90 m @ 10% NIST)
- Blind spot: ≤20 cm
- Range accuracy: ±2 cm (1 m to 100 m); ±3 cm (10 cm to 1 m); ±3 cm (100 m to 150 m)
- Horizontal field of view: 360°
- Vertical field of view: 30° (-15° ~+15°)
- Horizontal resolution: 0.2° / 0.4°
- Vertical resolution: average 2°
- Frame rate: 10 Hz / 20 Hz
- Rotation speed: 600 / 1200 rpm (10/20 Hz)
- Points per second: ~288,000 pts/s (single return); 576,000 pts/s (double return)
- UDP packet content: spatial coordinates, intensity, timestamp, etc.
- Automotive Ethernet: 100M Base T1
- Output: UDP packets over Ethernet
- Operating voltage: 9-32 V
- Power consumption: 11 W
- Operating temperature: -30 °C ~+60 °C
- Storage temperature: -40 °C ~+85 °C
- Ingress protection (moisture, dust): IP67
- Time synchronisation: $GPRMC with 1PPS, PTP&gPTP
- Dimensions: 97.5 mm (diameter) x 100 mm (height)
- Weight: ~900 g
Resources for the RS-Helios-16PSoftware RS-Helios RSView V3.1.2 for Windows
Software RS-Helios RSView V3.1.2 for Ubuntu
RS-Helios 3D model (STEP)