Boston Dynamics Spot Dock
While it’s true that there are already lots of ways to charge your Spot mobile robot, this charging station could well revolutionise the way you use your Boston Dynamics platform – and push the boundaries of your research and development work!
Spot Dock: your robot just expanded
With this remote self-charging station, designed specifically for Spot, the robotics firm takes the game up a notch:
- Spot can now detect its charging station by itself, with the help of its tablet controller or dedicated app – it’s up to you to decide how you want your robot to return to its “mothership”, either manually or automatically using the appropriate program;
- By using multiple charging stations, Spot can carry out more lengthy missions and recharge itself autonomously, wherever it may be. This feature is particularly useful in industrial environments, or if you want to use Spot to welcome or assist humans in a large space.
Technical specifications of the charging station for the Spot mobile robot
- Dimensions: 1140 x 414 x 403 mm
- Weight: <22 kg
- Input voltage: 90-277 VAC
- Output voltage: 58V @ 12A
- Charge time: 2-3.5 hours
- Operating temperature: -20 to 35 °C
- Required lighting: ambient light
- Connectivity: Gigabit Ethernet
Resources for the Spot Dock
We suggest you flick through this manual to fully understand how your Spot Dock works.