Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
Payload: Boston Dynamics Spot CORE I/O
What is SPOT Core I/O?
A payload serves to give a robotic platform a wider range of connection possibilities. And the Boston Dynamics SPOT Core I/O has a Jetson Xavier NX processor with a GPU for handling all the calculations required to operate the various accessories you’re now able to add.
In addition to improving connectivity and computing power, it has a rugged design that delivers high protection against dust and water ingress. In addition, the Spot robot payload promises high data communication security: SSD disk encryption, TLS network encryption, user authentication, etc.
What can I use my Spot robot payload for?
With this Spot robot payload, you get:
- Sufficiently high computing and graphics power to handle video output and data from various sensors
- Configurable inputs and outputs: GPIO, PWM, I2C, etc.
- Numerous communication ports: Ethernet and USB
- Additional connectivity with the optional 5G/LTE antenna
- The possibility to install a laser range finder
Technical specifications of the Spot Core I/O
- Jetson Xavier NX processor
- CPU: 6-core NVIDIA Carmel ARM V8.2 64-bit CPU with 6 MB Lw + 4 MB L3 cache
- GPU: 384-core NVIDIA Volta GPU with 48 Tensor cores
- Memory: 16 GB 128-bit LPDDR4x @ 51.2 GB/s
- Storage temperature: -40 to 70 °C
- Operating temperature: -20 to +45 °C
- Ingress protection (moisture, dust): IP54
- Connectivity and storage:
- 5G/LTE: user-installable SIM card
- Ethernet: GbE interface, 2 additional Ethernet ports for extended connectivity
- USB 3.1: 2 USB 3.1 ports with support for 4.5 W
- USB-C: 1 USB-C port with support for 50 W power delivery and video out
- SD card: 1 slot
- E-Stop interface (emergency stop switches)
- PPS output
- GPIO (configurable to PWM output)
- I2C ports
- Power outputs:
- 48 V or robot battery voltage for Spot Explorer
- 24 V, 50 W
- 12 V, 50 W
- 5 V, 30 W
- Disk encryption: SSD with standard LUKS technology
- Network encryption: TLS 1.2 and 1.3
- Authentication: access to services restricted to authenticated users
- Secure boot: tamper-proof filesystem with hardware root of trust
- Firmware verification: firmware updates must be cryptographically signed
- 224 x 173 x 246 mm (with antenna)
- 224 x 173 x 64 mm (without antenna)
SPOT Core I/O Resources