Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
Niryo Ned 6-Axis Robot Arm
Ned is Niryo One’s baby brother, a 6-axis robot arm designed also for teaching and research. Built around a Raspberry Pi 4 board, you can use it to experiment with all sorts of Industry 4.0 applications.
Boost your knowledge of industrial robotics with Niryo Ned
The Niryo Ned robot arm is a robotic platform designed for teaching programming in an industrial environment. You can develop applications using the MATLAB, C++ and Python languages for example. It also adapts to various communication protocols, including TCP/IP and Modbus.
This educational and collaborative robot is compatible with all operating systems (Windows, MacOS and Linux), although it is based on Ubuntu 18.04 and ROS. It is therefore an open-source development and programming solution.
In a higher and vocational education setting, you can use Niryo Ned for example to explore new skills in mechanics, automation and trajectories.
Niryo Ned is designed for secondary school pupils and engineering students. It’s also compatible with the Blockly visual programming software.
Its EasyConnect system allows you to effortlessly secure and switch between various handling accessories (gripper, vacuum pump, electromagnet, etc.) by simply clipping them onto the Ned robot arm.
Ten times more efficient thanks to Raspberry Pi 4
The brains behind the Niryo Ned robot arm is the latest version of the famous Raspberry Pi board: Raspberry Pi 4, featuring among other things an efficient 64-bit ARMv8 processor, 2 GB of RAM, Ethernet, WiFi, BLE and USB connectivity.
And to house your efficient machine in style, Niryo Studio has also designed an aluminium and PLA shell (for 3D printed parts). A sturdy armour that in no way hinders fluidity of movement.
The various accessories available to upgrade your Niryo Ned include a conveyor belt, to prototype new production lines with Niryo Ned or Niryo One, and an embedded camera you can fix on your robot’s wrist.You can also complete the NED arm with other accessories such as :
- 2 different grippers (one large and one adaptive),
- a pack of jaws (to modify the gripper supplied with the Niryo NED arm),
- a vacuum pump
- an electromagnet.
Technical specifications of the Niryo Ned robot arm
- Payload: 300 g max
- Max. reach: 440 mm
- Precision: 0.5 mm*
- Repeatability: 0.5 mm*
- Base joint range: +/- 175°
- Power supply: 11.1V / 6A
- Ethernet 1 Gb/s
- WiFi 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz – 802.11 b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 5.0 BLE
- Interface/programming: Windows/MacOS/Linux (desktop application) & APIs
- Consumption: ~ 60W
- Materials: aluminium, PLA (3D printing)
- Ports: 1 Gigabit Ethernet + 2 USB 3.0 + 2 USB 2
Note: *Ned is an educational robot intended for teaching and testing small production lines. We cannot guarantee it will be sufficiently precise or robust for your application.
You will find all the links you need to better understand the Niryo NED robotic arm here, free of charge:
- Niryo NED arm Documentation (en)
- Download Niryo Studio (en)
- Software (en)
- Compatibility guide (en)
- Github Niryo NED ROS (en)
- Github Niryo NED MATLAB (en)
Curriculum for the NiryoNED robotic arm
- Curriculum to use Niryo with Blockly (FR) available on demand
- Curriculum to use Niryo with Python (FR) available on demand
- Curriculum to use Niryo with ROS (FR) available on demand
- Curriculum to use Niryo with MATLAB (FR) available on demand