Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
Ned2 6-Axis Robot Arm
Ned2, a robot arm for education, research and industry
Ned2, the successor to NED, is a robot arm with six axes of motion. Designed to offer better accuracy, mechanical performance and general handling, it is intended for:
- Teachers looking for an effective and practical way to teach robotics programming to their students with Niryo Studio, the visual and intuitive programming editor inspired by Blockly
- Researchers, who can use the robot’s open-source environment, and the vision set (sold separately) to explore new horizons in terms of robotic vision and artificial intelligence
- The world of Industry 4.0, thanks its conveyor belt (sold separately), allowing experimentation with new robotic production lines
Mechanical performance of the Ned2 robot arm
The Ned2 6-axis robot arm has been upgraded to make it more robust and extremely accurate. It’s built from aluminium, and also has PLA components that can be reproduced using 3D printing. There are many resources to help you develop new printable accessories, including a gripper with additional features.
Ned2 can handle loads of up to 300 g and has a maximum reach of 44 cm from its base. It offers a precision and movement repeatability of approximately 0.5 mm.
Better human-machine communication
Thanks to its powerful Raspberry Pi 4 microcontroller and 64-bit ARM processor, the Ned2 robot offers new features that allow you to interact efficiently with the machine:
- The LED ring and loudspeakers provide the various visual and audible signals you need to rapidly obtain information on the robot’s status
- A control panel located on Ned2’s wrist allows you to switch to “Freemotion” mode and program your motion sequences in Niryo Studio
- You can also program one of the buttons on the control panel to trigger a series of pre-programmed movements with a single press
Ned2 has a wide range of connectivity solutions (Ethernet, WiFi, USB), and you can control the robot arm with Niryo Studio or using the Arduino or Raspberry Pi programming environments.
Technical specifications of the 6-axis Ned2 robot arm
- Custom Gripper included (interchangeable tips)
- Microcontroller: Raspberry Pi 4
- Processor: 64-bit ARM high performance
- RAM: 4 GB
- Number of axis: 6
- Payload: 300 g
- Max. reach: 440 mm
- Precision: ±0.5 mm
- Repeatability: ±0.5 mm
- Ethernet: 1 GB/s
- WiFi 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz – 802.11 g/g/n/ac – (~31 dBm, <80 dBm)
- USB 2.0 and 3.0
- Programming interface: Windows/MacOS/Linux/APIs
- Ports: 1 Ethernet, 2 USB 3.0, 2 USB 2.0
- Human-machine interface: 3 control buttons ("FreeMotion" button, button to save a position and "Custom" button), a ring of bright LEDs, speakers, microphone
- Collision detection sensor: magnetic sensor (on motor)
- Consumption: ~60 W
- Power supply: 12 V / 7 A
- Material: Aluminium, PLA (3D printing)
- Weight: 7 kg