Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
Jackal unmanned ground vehicle
Including €2.50 for ecotax
Interested in meeting a real mobile robot, both weatherproof and all-terrain, that’s as fast on a dirt road as on the lino in your kitchen? Check out the Jackal Unmanned Ground Vehicle, a robust, rapid, compact and what’s more extremely flexible robotised platform!
Jackal is a rugged, all-terrain platform
The Jackal is an autonomous mobile outdoor robot created by ClearPath Robotics. The Jackal is fully integrated, compact and waterproof. The Jackal is a flexible platform on which it is easy to plug sensors and cameras. With its high payload, generous power options and its ROS API, the Jackal is at the time being the best solution on the market to build your autonomous outdoor robot. Generation Robots, as a partner of ClearPath is proud to bring you this technology in Europe.
Powerful Chassis & Drive Train
Jackal is built on a sturdy metal chassis made entirely from lightweight and durable aluminium alloy. The high torque 4x4 drivetrain gives Jackal maximum traction, while up to 500 watts of on-board power are available to manoeuvre out of the toughest situations. Tested under the most difficult conditions, it’s as robust as it is powerful, capable of carrying loads of up to 20 kg for autonomy of 2 h in extreme load conditions (8 h in standard conditions).
Leave the umbrella at home – Jackal’s IP62 waterproof casing enables all connections to pass through a compressed-foam cable management outlet for communicating with outside components. Operate Jackal at -20 Celsius or +45 Celsius - it’s ready for all weather conditions!
Tested for All-Terrain
Jackal is engineered for repetitive and rugged testing, so it’s made with replaceable metal skirting to protect the platform from damage. The 4 durable wheels paired with skid-steer drive enable precision and just enough power to bring your research to the next level.
A 4x4 programmable platform
The Jackal mobile robot is not only a fun-to-drive vehicle, it’s also a fantastic robotics platform created to help you with your programming experiments thanks to a wide range of 5, 12 and 24 V compatible sensors.
Technical specification of the Jackal unmanned ground vehicle
Size and weight of the Jackal unmanned ground vehicle
- External dimensions (L x W x H): 508 x 430 x 250 mm (20 x 17 x 10 in)
- Internal storage dimensions: 250 x 100 x 85 mm (10 x 4 x 3 in)
- Weight: 17 kg (37 lbs)
- Ground clearance: 65 mm (2.6 in)
Speed and performance of the Jackal unmanned ground vehicle
- Maximum payload: 20 kg (44 lbs)
- All-terrain Payload: 10 kg (22 lbs)
- Maximum speed: 2.0 m/s (6.6 ft/s)
- Drive power: 500 W
Battery and power system of the Jackal unmanned ground vehicle
- Battery chemistry: Lithium Ion
- Capacity: 270 Watt hours
- Charge time: 4 hours
- Heavy usage: 2 hours
- Basic Usage: 8 hours
- Operating voltages (choice):
- 5 V @ 5 A
- 12 V @ 10 A
- 24 V @ 20 A
Interfacing and communication of the Jackal unmanned ground vehicle
- Control modes:
- Kinematic Commands — velocity, angular velocity
- Open Loop Motor Driver Commands — voltage
- Wheel Velocity Commands
- Battery and motor current
- Wheel velocity and travel
- Integrated GPS receiver
- Integrated gyroscope and accelerometer
- Quadrature encoders: 78000 pulses/m
- Standard version: (2x) Ethernet. (4x) USB 3.0. (1x) RS232, PCIe module, WiFi and Bluetooth 802.11a/b/g/n
- Performance version: Ethernet. USB 3.0. RS232, (IEEE 1394 available). integrated 7260 Wi-Fi (configurable to client or AP mode)
- Drivers and APIs: Packaged with ROS Indigo Drivers and Ubuntu 14.04
- Integrated accessories (included): Wireless Game controller, GPS, IMU, On-Board Computer, WIFI Adapter, Accessory Mounting Plates
Computer of the Jackal unmanned ground vehicle
Two versions are available: the standard version and the Performance version which is more powerful. The technical specifications for each version are as follows:
|Standard version||Performance version|
|Intel i3-4330TE||Dual core, 2.4GHz||Intel Core i5 4570TE||Dual core, 2.7GHz|
|4 GB RAM||120 GB Hard Drive||8 GB RAM||128GB Hard Drive|
|WIFI Adapter||WIFI Adapter|
- -20 to 45 °C (-4 to 113 °F)
- IP 62 (65 available on select configurations)
Jackal ROS API: a new plug and play experience
Jackal programming is done using its ROS API, designed to make all its users’ lives easier: Using ROS, you'll be able to control the power systems, the motors, IMU, GPS and localization estimate. If you need new connections or want to make changes to the on-board computer, just lift the vehicle’s top plate to access all the internal circuits!
Jackal mobile robot integration with another robotic platfom
HEBI Robotics robot arms can be set up on top of a Jackal mobile robot, with a ROS integration. Here are the ROS tutorials published by HEBI to help you with the integration:
Resources for the Jackal unmanned ground vehicle
We’ve collected together some additional information to help you familiarise yourself with the ClearPath Robotics Jackal ROS mobile robot:
- Max. speed
- 6-10 km/h
- 15-20 kg