- or -
Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
Dynamixel AX-12A Actuator
Including €0.02 for ecotax
The Dynamixel servomotors
- All-around assembling structure: you can make robots of various forms as using different option frames.
- Powerful feedback : It can read current position of Dynamixel or speed as well as various information such as internal temperature, supply voltage, target position.
- Simple connection structure: Wiring is simple because it is linked by Daisy Chain.
- Alarm function: When internal temperature, torque, supply voltage etc. escaped appointed range, it gives feedback about that situation. Also in such emergency situation, it flash LED or be Torque off.
- Compliance configuration: It can configure the compliance to control the position.
- Torque set up : Torque can be set up by 1023 steps from maximum Torque to free run state.
- Low-electric current/high voltagedrive : Its efficiency is high because it runs by high voltage and it improves stability of robot system that is formed by Dynamixel because current consumption is low.
- Status LED : It has LED that can check state of the Dynamixel.
- Drive by network: Dynamixels have unique ID and are controlled by Packet communication on a bus. It supports network of TTL, RS 485, and CAN etc. according to model.
This video illustrates the capabilities and the existing application for Dynamixel servomotors:
Programming the Dynamixel servomotors
The servomotors have to be linked to a main controller (CM-700, CM-5, CM-510 or CM-530) to be commanded. The progams are made with RoboPlus, which allow really easy programmation, without much previous knowledge.
The most recent main controllers support embedded C and there is a SDK for you to developp your own applications.
The Dynamixel AX-12A actuator
The AX-12A in the entry-level actuator of Dynamixel. Its low cost makes it very useful for every part of your robots that do not require high precision and power.
Technical specifications of the Dynamixel AX-12A actuator
- Weight : 54.6g (AX-12A)
- Dimension : 32mm * 50mm * 40mm
- Resolution : 0.29°
- Gear Reduction Ratio : 254 : 1
- Stall Torque : 1.52N.m (at 12.0V, 1.5A)
- No load speed : 59rpm (at 12V)
- Running Degree
- 0° ~ 300°
- Endless Turn
- Running Temperature : -5℃ ~ +70℃
- Voltage : 9 ~ 12V (Recommended Voltage 11.1V)
- Command Signal : Digital Packet
- Protocol Type : Half duplex Asynchronous Serial Communication (8bit,1stop,No Parity)
- Link (Physical) : TTL Level Multi Drop (daisy chain type Connector)
- ID : 254 ID (0~253)
- Communication Speed : 7343bps ~ 1 Mbps
- Feedback : Position, Temperature, Load, Input Voltage, etc.
- Material : Engineering Plastic
Technical documentation of the Dynamixel AX-12A actuator
Comparing the various Dynamixel actuators
This document offers an overview on the characteristics of all the Dynamixel servomotors.
The chart below compare the Dynamixel actuators on their performance. Servomotors are differentiated by communication type (and the MX range proposes both protocols).
- Schematics (en)
- Software (en)
- Compatibility guide (en)
- Selection guide (en)
- Dynamixel SDK (en)
Check that your Dynamixel servomotor is correctly configured. Do not hesitate to re-flash it with the ROBOTIS Software Roboplus. After re-flash remember to re-configure it. If the issue is not solved, contact us for an advanced support.
The motor is probably not well mounted. Check that you correctly mounted the horns by respecting the mark.
There is probably a mechanical issue with the Dynamixel servomotor. You can directly contact us to get more advance support.
Check your power supply and the system cabling (try with a different servomotor). You can also reset the servo. If nothing works, the best solution is to go through the Dynamixel servomotor checklist!
The 1.0 protocol is dedicated to the Dynamixel AX and MX series. Protocol 2.0 is for the X and Dynamixel Pro series. Protocol 2.0 control tables include PID controls which allow for more precise adjustment of the servo motor movements. Protocol 2.0 can be updated on MX series servo motors. You can refer to the protocol 1.0 and protocol 2.0 pages for more informations.
Anonymous A. published the 01/03/2019 following an order made on 17/02/2019
The kit is a delight to assemble. installation process is tedious, but well documented and thought trough.