Dynamixel AX-18A Servo: the most powerful of all the Dynamixel low-end servos
With a stall torque of 1.83 N.m and no-load rotational speed of 97 revolutions per minute at 12 V, the AX-18A servo is the most popular low-end Robotis Dynamixel servo motor. It replaces the AX-18F servo by offering a comparable performance with a much better exterior design.
Like all the Dynamixel servos, the AX-18A contains a reducer, controller and driver and communicates by digital packets. It can be programed using the RoboPlus software.
The Dynamixel AX-18A servo, more powerful than the AX-12A, also communicates with a multidrop TTL interface and is equipped with a connector for creating daisy chain connections, i.e. connecting several servos in a chain.
The Dynamixel AX-18A is used in particular in the Bioloid GP robotics kit, which is the high-performance competition robot in the Bioloid series!
Pack of 6 Dynamixel AX-18A Servos: 6 servos for the price of 5, or almost!
The great advantage of this Pack of 6 Dynamixel AX-18A Servos is of course its price, since you make savings equivalent to virtually one servo motor.
In order to make these savings, however, the pack contains only servos. The various accessories that usually come with the AX-18A servo need to be purchased separately, such as screws, nuts and cables.
Nonetheless, the 902-0044-001 set remains extremely advantageous since the various screws and nuts needed for assembly are staples found in any creator’s toolbox. If you’ve not bought any yet, you can easily find them on our site.
Technical specifications of the Dynamixel AX-18A Servo
- The AX-18A supports TTL communication
- Voltage: 9–12 V (optimal: 11.1 V)
- Stall torque (N.m): 1.83 (@ 12 V and 2.2 A)
- Operating temperature: -5 to 75 °C
- Control signal: digital packet
- Protocol: asynchronous serial communication of the half-duplex type (no parity, 8 bit, 1 stop)
- Physical connection: TTL level multidrop
- No-load speed (rpm): 97 @ 12 V
- Resolution: approximately 0.29°
- Operating angle: 300° max.
- Wheel mode: continuous rotation
- Cored motor
- Reduction ratio: 254:1
- Weight: 52.9 g
- Dimensions: 32 x 50 x 40 mm
Technical documentation of the Dynamixel AX-18A actuator
- Tension de fonctionnement [V]
- 9 - 12 V
- Couple de décrochage [N-m]
- 1 - 1.9
- Courant de décrochage [A]
- 2 - 2.4 A
- Vitesse à vide [rpm]
- 90 - 99
- Protocole de communication