DYNAMIXEL AX-12A 6pcs Bulk
Including €0.10 for ecotax
The Dynamixel AX-12A actuator
The AX-12A in the entry-level actuator of Dynamixel. Its low cost makes it very useful for every part of your robots that do not require high precision and power.
Warning ! This box contains only 6 actuators without the traditional accessories: screws, frames and horns. Only bare actuators are supplied in the box.
Technical specifications of the Dynamixel AX-12A actuator
- Weight : 54.6g (AX-12A)
- Dimension : 32mm * 50mm * 40mm
- Resolution : 0.29°
- Gear Reduction Ratio : 254 : 1
- Stall Torque : 1.52N.m (at 12.0V, 1.5A)
- No load speed : 59rpm (at 12V)
- Running Degree
- 0° ~ 300°
- Endless Turn
- Running Temperature : -5℃ ~ +70℃
- Voltage : 9 ~ 12V (Recommended Voltage 11.1V)
- Command Signal : Digital Packet
- Protocol Type : Half duplex Asynchronous Serial Communication (8bit,1stop,No Parity)
- Link (Physical) : TTL Level Multi Drop (daisy chain type Connector)
- ID : 254 ID (0~253)
- Communication Speed : 7343bps ~ 1 Mbps
- Feedback : Position, Temperature, Load, Input Voltage, etc.
- Material : Engineering Plastic
Technical documentation of the Dynamixel AX-12A actuator
- Schematics (en)
- Software (en)
- Compatibility guide (en)
- Selection guide (en)
- Dynamixel SDK (en)
Comparing the various Dynamixel actuators
This document offers an overview on the characteristics of all the Dynamixel servomotors.
The chart below compare the Dynamixel actuators on their performance. Servomotors are differentiated by communication type (and the MX range proposes both protocols).
- Tension de fonctionnement [V]
- 9 - 12 V
- Couple de décrochage [N-m]
- 1 - 1.9
- Courant de décrochage [A]
- 1.5 - 1.9 A
- Vitesse à vide [rpm]
- 50 - 59
- Protocole de communication
Check that your Dynamixel servomotor is correctly configured. Do not hesitate to re-flash it with the ROBOTIS Software Roboplus. After re-flash remember to re-configure it. If the issue is not solved, contact us for an advanced support.
The motor is probably not well mounted. Check that you correctly mounted the horns by respecting the mark.
Check your power supply and the system cabling (try with a different servomotor). You can also reset the servo. If nothing works, the best solution is to go through the Dynamixel servomotor checklist!
The 1.0 protocol is dedicated to the Dynamixel AX and MX series. Protocol 2.0 is for the X and Dynamixel Pro series. Protocol 2.0 control tables include PID controls which allow for more precise adjustment of the servo motor movements. Protocol 2.0 can be updated on MX series servo motors. You can refer to the protocol 1.0 and protocol 2.0 pages for more informations.