The USB2AX, an interface to control Dynamixel servos
The USB2AX plugs into a USB port and has a 3-pin to control Dynamixel servomotors from a computer. The USB2AX can talk with all of the AX Dynamixel servos such as the AX-12A, AX-12W and the AX-18A. It can also talk to the “T” versions of the MX servos such as the MX-28T, MX-64T and MX-106T.
The main difference between the USB2Dynamixel and the USB2AX is that the USB2AX can talk with the Dynamixel servomotors which use a half-duplex TTL interface (3-pins connector). However the USB2AX is smaller than a USB2Dynamixel (less than 4 cm long for the USB2AX versus nearly 10 cm for the USB2Dynamixel).
- Communication with AX and MX Dynamixel servos (with 3 wires) @ 1Mbps
- Very small (16x36mm)
- Optimized latency
- Protection against ESD and short circuits
- Advanced functionalities: sync_read, ...
- Windows / Linux / MacOS compatible
- Compatible with RoboPlus, Dynamixel SDK, ROS, Python, C/C++/C#, Visual Basic, Java, Labview, Matlab…
- Firmware updates
- Open Source Software & Hardware, programmable and hackable!
Full technical specifications and plans are available for the USB2AX.
Alex E. published the 01/03/2019 following an order made on 01/03/2019
Nice product. Very compact. Works ok with the new X line of servos, including XL430