Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
GS-12 gyro ensor
Including €0.01 for ecotax
Using the GS-12 gyro sensor
The GS-12 gyro sensor allows you to knows the angular speed of you mobile robot, for example to calculate its orientation or to maintain its balance. It provides data on two perpendicular axis.
Reading data from the GS-12 gyro sensor
The pins are arranged as follows :
- ADC : Outputs the angular speed on X axis
- GND : ground of X axis
- VCC : supply (5V) for the X axis
- VCC : supply (5V) for the Y axis
- GND : ground of Y axis
- ADC : Outputs the angular speed on Y axis
The ADC pins of teh GS-12 gyre sensor send values bound between 45 (-300°/s, maximum angular speed in one direction) and 455 (+300°/s, maximum angular speed in the opposite direction).
The value sent by the GS-12 gyre sensor when the robot is still is theoretically 250, but can slighly vary with temperature and input voltage. It is therefore advised to take a bunch of data when the robot is still, to average them and use the mean as the reference value. The following RoboPlus program does the work :
Specifications of the GS-12 gyro sensor
- Weight: 2,8 g
- Dimensions: 23mm x 23mm x 10 mm
- Working temperature: -40° ~ +85°
- Angular speed range: -300°/s ~ +300°/s
- Supply voltage: 4.5V ~ 5.5V