- or -
Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
Intel® RealSense Depth Camera D455 (with tripod)
It took 10 years of development and the creation of some D400 models for Intel® RealSense to ultimately produce one of the best depth cameras on the market. The D455 3D camera by Intel RealSense offers an increased range of up to 10 metres, while maintaining precise vision of both depth and colour.
D455: RGB depth camera at distances of up to 6 metres
This Intel RealSense D455 stereo camera is particularly efficient. It incorporates infrared technology and a global shutter. The distance between the two depth sensors has been optimised to reduce the margin of error (less than 2% at a distance of 4 metres). It combines a depth sensor and a colour sensor, both with a 86° field of view.
An added bonus for mobile robotics enthusiasts: the depth camera has an inertial measurement unit to better manage depth perception, whatever the camera’s movements.
Ideal projects for the Intel® RealSense D455 3D camera
The superior performance of this D455 colour and depth camera opens up doors for more ambitious robotics and electronics projects:
- Autonomous assisted navigation: the perception capabilities of this depth camera pave the way for increasingly rapid autonomous mobile robots capable of easily navigating between obstacles
- 3D scanning: by improving the correlation between colour and depth information, Intel® RealSense has managed to achieve even more accurate and reliable 3D images
- Interactive digital signage: digital displays equipped with D455 cameras allow more reliable interaction with passers-by and from a greater distance
- Volumetric measurements: with a frame rate of 90 fps, several D455 3D cameras can be used together for efficient surveillance of a warehouse, storage location, etc.
Technical specifications of the Intel® RealSense D455 camera
- Indoor/outdoor camera
- Recommended range: 40 cm to 6 m
- Global shutter, 3 µm x 3 µm pixel size
- Bosch BMI1055 IMU
- IR stereo technology
- Depth FOV: 86° x 57° (+/- 3°)
- Minimum depth: 40 cm
- Depth output resolution: up to 1280 x 720
- Maximum reach: 20 m
- Depth frame rate: up to 90 fps
- RGB sensor technology: global shutter
- Sensor resolution: up to 1280 x 800
- RGB sensor FOV: 86 x 57° (+/- 3°)
- RGB frame rate: up to 90 fps
- Intel RealSense D450 camera module
- Intel RealSense Vision Processor D4
- Connectors: USB-C 3.1 Gen 1
- Dimensions: 124 x 26 x 29 mm
- Mounting mechanism:
- One 1/4-20 UNC threaded mounting point
- Two M4 threaded mounting points
- Camera supplied with tripod
Resources for the D455 model
Check out all the specifications of your Intel® RealSense D455 depth camera and discover different development possibilities for your robotic and digital solutions below.