Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
Intel® RealSense Depth Camera D405
The Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera D405 is a stereoscopic camera module for short-range colour image capture both indoors and out.
Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera D405: close-up vision to the tiniest detail
The Intel® RealSense™ D405 camera combines colour image capture and stereoscopic technology with the ability to detect objects measuring less than one millimetre. At a distance of 7 cm, the module can detect and film objects measuring as little as 50 microns.
This depth camera has an embedded image signal processor, or ISP, allowing a more efficient combination of RGB and stereoscopic shooting.
SDK support is available for handling the camera and developing tools for use with this module. The platform provides resources for all Intel® RealSense™ depth cameras.
This is an extremely compact camera module, with a case measuring no more than 4 cm high and wide. The module weighs under 60 g, so can be easily integrated into any industrial, pharmaceutical or medical robotics solution, for example as an on-board camera.
Uses for the Intel® RealSense™ D405 stereoscopic camera
The fact that this camera can pick up even the smallest details, visible to the naked eye, makes it particularly useful in the precision industry:
- To guide high-precision robotic grippers and help them manipulate very small objects
- When you need to check the assembly quality of objects on a production line
- In all tasks requiring extreme precision and care
The Intel® RealSense™ D405 camera can also assist in medical robotics applications, where surgical precision is essential. For example, doctors can use it to measure and observe wounds and anticipate healing times.
Technical specifications of the Intel® RealSense™ D405 RGB stereo camera
- Intel® RealSense™ Camera Module D401
- Vision Processor: Intel® RealSense™ D4 Board v4
- Use: indoor/outdoor
- Image sensor technology: global shutter
- Depth technology: stereoscopic
- Depth field of view: 87° x 58°
- Min. depth distance: 7 cm @ 480 p
- Depth output resolution: up to 1280 x 720
- Depth accuracy: +/- 1.4% at 20 cm
- Size of smallest objects detected: 50 microns at a 7 cm distance
- RGB technology: left imager RGB with ISP (image signal processor)
- RGB field of view: 87° x 58°
- RGB frame resolution: 1280 x 720
- RGB frame rate: up to 90 fps
- Power idle: 35 mW
- Streaming: 1.55 W (depth + IR)
- Interfaces: USB 2, USB 3.1
- Ideal operating range: 7 to 50 cm
- Temperature range: 0 to 35 °C (ambient); 0 to 55 °C (case)
- Peripheral dimensions: 42 x 42 x 23 mm
- Module dimensions: 36.5 × 19.4 × 10.5 mm
- Mounting mechanism: one 1/4-20 UNC thread mounting point; two M3 thread mounting points; tripod
Resources for the Intel RealSense D405 depth camera
Documentation & SDK
- Intel RealSense D405 camera - Datasheet
- Intel RealSense D405 - GitHub
- Download the SDK
- Code samples
- How to use ROS/ROS2 and the Intel RealSense cameras
Intel® RealSense™ Viewer software
To quickly access your Intel RealSense camera data and view the depth stream, visualise point clouds, record and playback streams, configure your camera settings, etc.