Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
360 Degree Laser Scanner RPLIDAR S2
The new SLAMTEC RPLIDAR S2 is a compact, affordable and durable device offering stability and superior performance.
RPLIDAR S2: a reliable and economical 360° laser sensor
The SLAMTEC RPLIDAR S2 360° laser range scanner is compact and affordable, with a radial distance of up to 30 m. Its size and light weight make it ideal for easy integration into a service or surveillance robot, or even a mobile reconnaissance device.
The RPLIDAR S2 consists of:
- A RPLIDAR S2 unit with an integrated PWM motor driver
- A USB adapter, a power cable and a micro USB cable
You can use the motor driver to adjust the speed of the motor, and as a result the scanning angular velocity. You can also turn the motor off to save even more energy.
Direct time-of-flight (DTOF) technology
The RPLIDAR S2 is equipped with the DTOF technology developed by SLAMTEC, allowing it to maintain a high level of accuracy:
- Even over long distances: RPLIDAR S2 is capable of detecting white objects at a distance of 30 m
- Regardless of the material or reflectivity of the object you want to detect: black object, reflective surface, transparent wall, etc.
The SLAMTEC LiDAR also performs equally well in strong light (up to 80,000 lux, equivalent to natural sunlight), meaning the detector can operate in all environments – both indoors and out, and in dark and brightly lit settings.
Technical specifications of the SLAMTEC RPLIDAR S2
- Use: indoors and outdoors
- Distance range: 30 m max. for white objects, ≥10 m for black objects
- Blind range: 0.05 m
- Sample rate: 32000 times/s
- Sample frequency: 8 to 15 Hz typical
- Angle resolution: 0.12°
- Range accuracy: ±30 mm
- Distance resolution: 13 mm
- System voltage: 5 V
- Power consumption: >2 W
- Proof level: IP65
- Laser safety class: 1
- Communication interface: TTL UART (3.3 V voltage level)
- Temperature range: -10 °C to 50 °C
- Dimensions: 77 x 77 x 38.85 mm
- Weight: 190 g
Resources for the RPLIDAR S2
You’ll find all the documentation available for the RPLIDAR S2 here: