Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
ZED 2 Depth Camera
Stereolabs has released a new ZED 2 depth camera, a stereoscopic camera designed for tracking vehicles and people with a very wide field of view.
ZED 2: a new stereo vision technology
The ZED 2 camera offers greater depth detection with a 120° wide-angle field of view. The aim here is to combine depth-of-field detection (up to 20 m) with object detection, in particular human beings in movement.
The stereoscopic camera uses two high-resolution sensors to detect vehicles and objects. It can therefore combine different view points, with the help of an IMU and efficient motion sensors, to perform multiple operations:
- Simultaneous localisation and mapping
- Floor plane detection
- Skeleton tracking
The camera can be managed remotely using a dedicated cloud platform to control streaming, collection and analysis of 3D data and to run applications.
An assistant for maintaining social distancing
The ZED 2 camera sets itself apart by allowing you to simply run a robot vision application for the purposes of social distancing.
The camera can track individuals to measure the distances between different people in a given place. You can then program a loudspeaker to be triggered to remind people of the health regulations.
Technical specifications of the ZED 2 camera
- 2.2K mode: 15 fps; resolution 4416 x 1242
- 1080p mode: 30/15 fps; resolution 3840 x 1080
- 720p mode: 60/30/15 fps; resolution 2560 x 720 (stereo passthrough mode)
- WVGA mode: 100/60/30/15 fps; resolution 1344 x 376
- Video recording: native resolution video encoding in H.264, H.265, lossless format (on host)
- Video streaming: IP (with ZED SDK)
- ISP: new ISP tuned with machine learning for AI and vision tasks
- Resolution: native video (in ultra mode)
- FPS: up to 100 Hz
- Depth range: 20 cm to 20 m
- Field of view: 110° horizontal, 70° vertical, 120° diagonal max.
- Technology: neural stereo depth sensing
- Motion sensors: accelerometer, gyroscope (data rate: 400 Hz)
- Pose update rate: up to 100 Hz
- Position sensors: barometer, magnetometer (data rate: 25/50 Hz)
- Technology: 6-DoF visual-inertial stereo simultaneous localisation and mapping (SLAM) with advanced sensor fusion and thermal compensation
- Pose drift: 0.35% translation, 0.005°/m rotation (without loop correction)
- Lens type: wide-angle 8-element all-glass dual lens with optically corrected distortion
- Aperture: f/1.8
- Resolution: dual 4M pixel sensors with 2-micron pixels
- Sensor format: native 16:9 for a larger horizontal field of view
- Sensor size: 1/3” BSI (backside illumination) sensor with high low-light sensitivity
- Shutter with electronically synchronised rolling shutter
- Camera controls: adjust resolution, frame rate, brightness, contrast, saturation, gamma, sharpness, exposure, white balance
- Object types: people, vehicles
- Object tracking
- Detection outputs: bounding boxes 2D/3D; location; speed; unique ID; segmentation masks
- Detection range: up to 20 m (3D); up to 40 m (2D)
- Skeleton tracking: 18 body key points; head bounding box; up to 10 m range
- Sensors: accelerometer, gyroscope, barometer, magnetometer, temperature
- USB 3.0 connector with 1.2 m integrated cable
- Mounting options: ¼”-20 UNC thread mount; 2 x M3 threads
- Power: via USB 5V / 380 mA
- Operating temperature: -10 to 50 °C
Requirements (SDK system):
- Dual-core 2.3 GHz or faster processor
- 4 GB RAM or more
- NVIDIA GPU with compute capability >3.0
In the box:
- ZED 2 stereo camera
- 1 mini tripod stand
- Compatible operating systems: Windows, Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, Jetson L4T
- Warranty: 10-year hardware
- Dimensions: 175 x 30 x 33 mm
- Weight: 124 g
- Aluminium enclosure