Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
The Boe-Bot CMUcam
Giving vision capability to your robot is a very valuable feature. This will increase the autonomy and the overall intelligence of your Boe-Bot mobile robot.
The CMUcam is primarily an open-source hardware project from the Carnegie Mellon University (hence the name) that gives robots simple and cheap vision and shape recognition capabilities . To learn more about CMUcam that exist for many robots, please visit the website http://www.cmucam.org
Boe-Bot CMUcam : features
This vision system has been specificaly designed for the Boe-Bot programmable robot. It connects to the robot using the serial connector that is provided. The Boe-Bot features are (non-exhaustive list):
- Track user defined color blobs at 17 frames per second, find the centroid of the blob
- Gather mean color and variance data Arbitrary image windowing
- 80x143 resolution
- Automatically detect a color and drive a servo to track an object
- Slave parallel image processing mode off a single camera bus - advance function
- Adjust the camera's image properties - advanced function Ability to control 1 servo or have 1 digital I/O pin - advanced function
The Boe - Bot CMUcam is provided with examples of code.
Warning : this version of the Boe - Bot CMUCam has not been designed to be connected to the PC directly like other CMUCAM.
See a demo video of the Boe - Bot CMUCam usage (click on the image) :