Aeon Labs Z-Stick-S2 Z-Wave Controller
The entire Z-Wave network in a simple USB controller!
This is undoubtedly one of the easiest-to-use devices for controlling your Z-Wave home automation network and all the Z-Wave-certified objects you want to include in (or exclude from!) your smart house network.
The Aeon Labs Z-Stick-S2 Z-Wave USB Controller looks a bit like a USB stick you plug into your computer’s USB port. Used this way, it allows you to use the Zensys Z-Wave API and all the other programs compatible with the Zensys.dll.
The main attraction of the Aeon Labs Z-Stick-S2?
It resolves the problem of the Z-Wave network’s indoor range (limited to 50 m), by using the Z-Wave Controller like a portable device powered by its own battery.
The Zensys Z-Wave USB Controller can thus include all your peripherals in the Z-Wave network without being connected to your computer. These inclusions/exclusions can then be downloaded to your computer and controlled without worrying about range limit.
Using the Aeon Labs Z-Stick-S2 Z-Wave USB Controller
With the Aeon Labs Z-Stick-S2 Z-Wave Controller, you can control your Z-Wave network in three different ways:
- Unplug the controller from your computer’s USB port, and you can include Z-Wave certified devices just by pointing your “remote control” at them and pressing on the button.
- You can also exclude devices from your network in the same way: unplug the controller from its USB port, press the button for 3 seconds, then go to the device you want to exclude and simply press the button to set the exclusion.
- To use the Z-Stick in “SerialAPI” mode, connect it to your computer’s USB port and it will then switch over to RX receiver mode to receive the instructions sent by its host via the USB port.
Technical specifications of the Aeon Labs Z-Stick-S2 Z-Wave USB Controller
- Type of module: Z-Wave controller
- Interface: USB
- Supply: rechargeable battery thanks to the USB interface
- Frequency: 868.42 MHz
- Range: up to 50 m
- Display: LED
- Dimensions: 1.4 x 2.8 x 6.9 cm
- Compatible systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 98, Linux, Mac OS
Resources for the Aeon Labs Z-Stick-S2 Z-Wave USB Controller
Below are all the instructions you’ll need to use the Aeon Labs Z-Stick USB Controller: