- or -
Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
Dynamixel MX-64AR Servomotor
Including €0.05 for ecotax
The Dynamixel servomotors
- All-around assembling structure : you can make robots of various forms as using different option frames.
- Powerful feedback : It can read current position of Dynamixel or speed as well as various information such as internal temperature, supply voltage, target position.
- Simple connection structure : Wiring is simple because it is linked by Daisy Chain.
- Alarm function : When internal temperature, torque, supply voltage etc. escaped appointed range, it gives feedback about that situation. Also in such emergency situation, it flash LED or be Torque off.
- Compliance configuration : It can configure the compliance to control the position.
- Torque set up : Torque can be set up by 1023 steps from maximum Torque to free run state.
- Low-electric current/high voltagedrive : Its efficiency is high because it runs by high voltage and it improves stability of robot system that is formed by Dynamixel because current consumption is low.
- Status LED : It has LED that can check state of the Dynamixel.
- Drive by network : Dynamixels have unique ID and are controlled by Packet communication on a bus. It supports network of TTL, RS 485, and CAN etc. according to model.
This video illustrates the capabilities and the existing application for Dynamixel servomotors:
Programming the Dynamixel servomotors
The servomotors have to be linked to a main controller ( CM-900 , CM-700 , CM-5 , CM-510 , CM-530 or CM-9.04 ) to be commanded. The programs are made with RoboPlus, which allow really easy programmation, without much previous knowledge.
The most recent main controllers support embedded C and there is a SDK for you to developp your own applications.
The Dynamixel MX-64AR servomotor
The MX-64AR and MX-64AR are new Dynamixel servomotors in the MX range. They replace and improve the RX-64 servomotor with a new absolute contactless encoder with 12 bit resolution (4096 positions), can be positionned over 360° in joint mode (251° previously), can be speed controlled in wheel mode and estimate their torque based on current.
Moreover they are controlled with a PID ( proportional integral derivative ), which parameters can be set servomotor by servomotor. Admissible values are between 0 and 255 and the PID coefficients are modified with the following formulas:
The case of the RX-64 has also been lightly modified, the MX-64AR servomotor is therefore not compatible with the HN05-N101/T101 horn.
The Dynamixel servomotor MX-64AR supports the RS484 communication protocol (when MX-64AR supports TTL communication) with high speed (3Mbs), it is compatible with the CM-2+, CM-700 and OpenCM9.04 with 485 expansion board main controllers. Warning, the operating voltage is not the same as the RX-64 voltage.
Technical specifications of the Dynamixel MX-64AR actuator
- MCU : ST CORTEX-M3 (ST32F103C8 @ 72MHZ,32BIT)
- Motor : Maxon
- Position sensor : Contactless absolute encoder (12BIT,360 DEGREE)
- Stall Torque : 5.5N.m (at 11.1V, 3.9A), 6.0N.m (at 12V, 4.1A), 7.3N.m (at 14.8V, 5.2A)
- No load speed : 58rpm (at 11.1V), 63rpm (at 12V), 78rpm (at 14.8V)
- Résolution : 0.088° x 4.096
- Running degree : 360°
- Control algorithm : PID
- Command :digital packet, baud rate : 8000 bps ~ 3 Mbps
- Protocol : Half duplex Asynchronous Serial Communication (8bit,1stop, No Parity)
- Link (physical) : TTL Level Multi Drop Bus
- Weight : 126g
- Voltage : 10 ~ 14.8V (Recommended voltage 12V)
- Gear ratio : 200 : 1
- ID : 254 ID (0~253)
- Feedback : Position, Temperature, Load, Input Voltage, Current, etc.
- Ide current : 100 mA
- Dimensions : 40.2mm x 61.1mm x 41mm (exact dimensions available for download )
- Material : Full Metal Gear, Engineering Plastic Body
All the technical specifications of the Dynamixel MX-64AR actuator are available on the website of the manufacturer at http://support.robotis.com/en/product/dynamixel/mx_series/mx-64.htm
Comparing the various Dynamixel actuators
This document offers an overview on the characteristics of all the Dynamixel servomotors.
Comparison between all Dynamixel servomotors
The chart below compare the Dynamixel actuators on their performance. Servomotors are differentiated by communication type (and the MX range proposes both protocols).
- Schematics (en)
- Software (en)
- Compatibility guide (en)
- Selection guide (en)
- Dynamixel SDK (en)
Check that your Dynamixel servomotor is correctly configured. Do not hesitate to re-flash it with the ROBOTIS Software Roboplus. After re-flash remember to re-configure it. If the issue is not solved, contact us for an advanced support.
The motor is probably not well mounted. Check that you correctly mounted the horns by respecting the mark.
There is probably a mechanical issue with the Dynamixel servomotor. You can directly contact us to get more advance support.
Check your power supply and the system cabling (try with a different servomotor). You can also reset the servo. If nothing works, the best solution is to go through the Dynamixel servomotor checklist!
The 1.0 protocol is dedicated to the Dynamixel AX and MX series. Protocol 2.0 is for the X and Dynamixel Pro series. Protocol 2.0 control tables include PID controls which allow for more precise adjustment of the servo motor movements. Protocol 2.0 can be updated on MX series servo motors. You can refer to the protocol 1.0 and protocol 2.0 pages for more informations.