Pack of 6 Dynamixel MX-28R servomotors
This pack of 6 Dynamixel MX-28R servo motors is just the right choice for conceiving a mobile robot or any other project drawing on Dynamixel’s expertise: a servo including a gear system, a driver and a controller. The MX-28R is an efficiently designed servo with high performance actuators and communicating via an RS485 interface.
Including €0.10 for ecotax
Dynamixel MX-28R servo motor: the twin brother of the 28T, with an extra RS485 interface
With its case in aluminium and engineering plastic and high quality metal gears, the Dynamixel MX-28R servomotor is nearly identical to the MX-28T. Like all servos in the newest Dynamixel generation, it is equipped with a driver, a gear system and a controller. It is also fitted with a contact-less absolute encoder, and offers the highest baud rate. What’s more, the MX-28R servo from Robotis embeds a programmable feedback system.
The only difference with the 28T is the RS485 multi-drop bus, the MX-28T using the half-duplex, asynchronous, serial communication protocol.
Warning ! This box contains only 6 actuators without the traditional accessories: screws, frames and horns. Only bare actuators are supplied in the box.
Endless programming possibilities
The controllers in this new generation of Robotis Dynamixel servos can be programmed using RoboPlus, but also in C. We’ve provided an MX-28R compatible SDK in the resources below.
Technical specifications of the MX-28R servo
- Weight: 72g
- Dimensions: 35.6 x 50.6 x 35.5 mm
- Reduction ratio: 193: 1
- Stall torque (N.m): 2.3 @ 10V; 2.5 @ 12V; 3.1 @ 14.8V
- Stall current (A): 1.3 @ 10V; 1.4 @ 12V; 1.7 @ 14.8V
- No-load speed (RPM ): 50 @ 10V; 55 @ 12V; 67 @ 14.8V
- Maxon motor
- Min. operating angle: ~0.088° x 4,096
- Operating range:
- Actuator mode: 360°
- Follow-up mode:
- Operating voltage: 10 to 14.8V (recommended: 12V)
- Operating temperature: -5°C to 80°C
- Control signal: digital packets
- Communication protocol: RS485 (asynchronous serial communication: 8 bit, 1 stop, no parity)
- Connection: RS485 multi-drop bus
- 254 IDs (0–253)
- Com speed: 8,000 bps ~ 4.5 Mbps
- Feedback: position, temperature, load, input voltage, etc.
- Engineering plastic body
- Metal gears
- Position sensor: AMS contact-less absolute encoder
- Default position: ID#1 – 57,600 bps
Resources for the 902-0068-000 actuator
Assemble and program your MX-28R servo in no time: we’ve gathered all the information you’ll need below.