- or -
Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
Servomotor Dynamixel MX-28AT
Including €0.01 for ecotax
The MX-28AT is an improvement upon the MX-28T model. "A" stands for "Aluminium", the new aluminium body is now allowing a better heat distribution, and the MX-28AT is also equipped with a new fastening system.
The Dynamixel servomotors
- All-around assembling structure: you can make robots of various forms as using different option frames.
- Powerful feedback : It can read current position of Dynamixel or speed as well as various information such as internal temperature, supply voltage, target position.
- Simple connection structure: Wiring is simple because it is linked by Daisy Chain.
- Alarm function: When internal temperature, torque, supply voltage etc. escaped appointed range, it gives feedback about that situation. Also in such emergency situation, it flash LED or be Torque off.
- Compliance configuration: It can configure the compliance to control the position.
- Torque set up : Torque can be set up by 1023 steps from maximum Torque to free run state.
- Low-electric current/high voltagedrive : Its efficiency is high because it runs by high voltage and it improves stability of robot system that is formed by Dynamixel because current consumption is low.
- Status LED : It has LED that can check state of the Dynamixel.
- Drive by network: Dynamixels have unique ID and are controlled by Packet communication on a bus. It supports network of TTL, RS 485, and CAN etc. according to model.
This video illustrates the capabilities and the existing application for Dynamixel servomotors:
Programming the Dynamixel servomotors
The servomotors have to be linked to a main controller (CM-700, CM-5, CM-510, CM-530 or OpenCM9.04) to be commanded. The programs are made with RoboPlus, which allow really easy programmation, without much previous knowledge.
The most recent main controllers support embedded C and there is a SDK for you to developp your own applications.
The Dynamixel MX-28AT actuator
The MX series differs from the other due to features such as a more advanced features on the PID control, 360° control et high speed communication. The MX-28 servomotor has been splited into two models: the Dynamixel MX-28T actuator that keeps the Half duplex Asynchronous Serial Communication protocol and the TTL Level Multi Drop physical link, when the Dynamixel MX-28R actuator uses RS485 communication protocol and multi drop bus.
The actuator MX-28AT Dynamixel is an upgrade of the MX-28T model, the two enhancements are:
An aluminium body, providing an optimal heat distribution, which allows the actuator to stay cooler than theMX-28T.
The MX-28AT actuator also comes with a new fastening system, thread disks therefore eliminating the need for screws.
Technical specifications of the Dynamixel MX-28AT actuator
- MCU : ST CORTEX-M3 ( ST32F103C8 @ 72MHZ,32BIT)
- Position sensor : Contactless absolute encoder (12BIT,360 DEGREE)
- Baud rate: 8000 bps ~ 3 Mbps
- Control algorithm : PID CONTROL
- Resolution : 0.088°
- Running Degree
- 0° ~ 360°
- Endless Turn
- Weight : 72g
- Dimension : 35.6mm x 50.6mm x 35.5mm
- Gear Reduction Ratio : 193 : 1
- Stall Torque : 2.3N.m (at 11.1V, 1.3A), 2.5N.m (at 12V, 1.4A), 3.1N.m (at 14.8V, 1.7A)
- No load speed : 54rpm (at 12V)
- Running Temperature : -5A ~ +80A
- Voltage : 9 ~ 16.8V (Recommended Voltage 12V)
- Command Signal : Digital Packet
- Protocol Type : Half duplex Asynchronous Serial Communication (8bit,1stop, No Parity)
- Link (Physical) : TTL Level Multi Drop (daisy chain type Connector)
- ID : 254 ID (0~253)
- Feedback : Position, Temperature, Load, Input Voltage, etc.
- Material : Full Metal Gear, Engineering Plastic Body
- Standby current : 100 mA
Technical documentation of the Dynamixel MX-28AT actuator
Comparing the various Dynamixel actuators
This document offers an overview on the characteristics of all the Dynamixel servomotors.
Comparison between all Dynamixel servomotors
The chart below compare the Dynamixel actuators on their performance. Servomotors are differentiated by communication type (and the MX range proposes both protocols).
MX-28AT Servomotor Resources
- Schematics (en)
- Software (en)
- Compatibility guide (en)
- Selection guide (en)
- Dynamixel SDK (en)
Check that your Dynamixel servomotor is correctly configured. Do not hesitate to re-flash it with the ROBOTIS Software Roboplus. After re-flash remember to re-configure it. If the issue is not solved, contact us for an advanced support.
The motor is probably not well mounted. Check that you correctly mounted the horns by respecting the mark.
There is probably a mechanical issue with the Dynamixel servomotor. You can directly contact us to get more advance support.
Check your power supply and the system cabling (try with a different servomotor). You can also reset the servo. If nothing works, the best solution is to go through the Dynamixel servomotor checklist!
The 1.0 protocol is dedicated to the Dynamixel AX and MX series. Protocol 2.0 is for the X and Dynamixel Pro series. Protocol 2.0 control tables include PID controls which allow for more precise adjustment of the servo motor movements. Protocol 2.0 can be updated on MX series servo motors. You can refer to the protocol 1.0 and protocol 2.0 pages for more informations.