Dynamixel XC330-M181-T Servo
The Dynamixel XC330-M181 servo motor with TTL connection has more torque and a higher speed than the XL330 series. It also offers all the control modes so popular among Dynamixel fans.
Manufacturer reference: 902-0172-000
Dynamixel XC330-M181-T servo: 129 rpm @ 5V
If you’re looking for a fast and 100% customisable motor, the Dynamixel XC330-M181-T servo by Robotis is for you. It is built around the ARM CORTEX-M0+ 64 MHz 32-bit processor, which serves as both a microprocessor and microcontroller.
This servo is fully programmable on Linux, Windows or Mac and offers multiple control modes: position, current, extended position control, velocity, etc. Feedback is equally comprehensive.
Its PWM mode makes it an ideal servo for racing vehicles, because the XC-series is a real rocket, especially compared to the XL series. It has a top speed of 155 rpm with an input voltage of 6 V, and an average speed of 129 rpm at 5 V (voltage recommended by the manufacturer).
Technical specifications of the XC330-M181-T servo motor
- ARM CORTEX-M0+ 64 MHz, 32-bit processor
- Position sensor: contactless absolute encoder (12 bits, 360°)
- Coreless DC motor
- Baud rate: 9,600 bps to 4 Mbps
- Control algorithm: PID
- Resolution: 4,096 pulses/revolution
- Operating modes: current control, velocity control, position control (0 to 360°), extended position control (multi-turn), current-based position control, PWM control (voltage control)
- Gear ratio: 180.62:1
- Stall torque:
- 0.52 N.m @ 3.7 V, 1.34 A
- 0.6 N.m @ 5 V, 1.8 A
- 0.66 N.m @ 6 V, 2.15 A
- No-load speed:
- 95 rev/min @ 3.7 V
- 129 rev/min @ 5 V
- 155 rev/min @ 6 V
- Input voltage: 3.7–6 V (recommended: 5 V
- Standby current: 17 mA
- Digital packet command signal
- Physical connection:
- TTL multidrop bus (3.3 V logic, 5 V compatible)
- TTL half duplex asynchronous serial communication (8 bits, 1 stop, no parity)
- ID: 253 (0~252)
- Feedback: position, velocity, current, real-time tick, trajectory, temperature, input voltage, etc.
- Case material: engineering plastic
- Gear material: full metal gear (2 bearings)
- Operating temperature: -5 to +60 °C
- Weight: 23 g
- Dimensions: 20 x 34 x 26 mm
Resources for the XC330-M181-T servo motor
Find the right information for your Dynamixel XC330-M181-T servo among this list of links, compiled especially for you:
- Tension de fonctionnement [V]
- Couple de décrochage [N-m]
- Courant de décrochage [A]
- 1.5 - 1.9 A
- Vitesse à vide [rpm]
- Protocole de communication
Check that your Dynamixel servomotor is correctly configured. Do not hesitate to re-flash it with the ROBOTIS Software Roboplus. After re-flash remember to re-configure it. If the issue is not solved, contact us for an advanced support.
The motor is probably not well mounted. Check that you correctly mounted the horns by respecting the mark.
Check your power supply and the system cabling (try with a different servomotor). You can also reset the servo. If nothing works, the best solution is to go through the Dynamixel servomotor checklist!
The 1.0 protocol is dedicated to the Dynamixel AX and MX series. Protocol 2.0 is for the X and Dynamixel Pro series. Protocol 2.0 control tables include PID controls which allow for more precise adjustment of the servo motor movements. Protocol 2.0 can be updated on MX series servo motors. You can refer to the protocol 1.0 and protocol 2.0 pages for more informations.