Essential Sensor Kit
Including €0.01 for ecotax
SEN-12799 Essential Sensor Kit: An incredible assortment of sensors!
There’s ‘fun’ in SparkFun, and with this SEN-12799 sensor kit we can safely say that electronics enthusiasts are going to be having a lot of that! Just look: this Essential Sensor Kit offers you no less than 15 sensors, all dedicated to different measurements: accelerometer, hall-effect sensor, piezo elements, photoelectric cell, and a flexible sensor for measuring movement and position – a comprehensive range of “essential” sensors for all your programming needs!
How to use your Essential Sensor Kit?
The possibilities are endless! Whether you’re a novice or experienced programmer, you can use your SEN-12799 Essential Sensor Kit to equip your DIY weather station, give your mobile robot greater autonomy, or perfect other types of devices like a remote control.
Technical specifications of the Essential Sensor Kit
This kit includes:
- 1 MMA8452Q evaluation triple axis accelerometer: Senses acceleration up to ± 3 g. Fully analogue interface.
- 1 Hall-effect detector.
- 1 AT407 tilt sensor: can also be used for detecting orientation.
- 2 piezo elements: very useful for creating devices to detect impacts and vibration.
- 1 insulated reed switch: detects magnetic fields.
- 1 TSOP382 infrared receiver diode: a miniaturised receiver for your infrared remote-control systems.
- 1 infrared LED: operates between 940 and 950 nm, for fitting in generic IR systems.
- 1 TMP36 temperature sensor: a low-voltage thermometer, accurate to within 1 °C. The output voltage is linearly proportional to the Celsius temperature.
- 1 × 10 k potentiometer with knob.
- 1 × 0.25” magnet square: combine this with the reed switch and hide it in the stuffing of a cuddly toy or in a box to make a hidden trigger device.
- 1 × 0.5” force-sensitive resistor: a resistor sensitive to force with a 0.5” diameter sensing area.
- 1 mini photo-sensitive cell: the resistance of the photo-sensitive cell will vary from 1 kΩ to 10 kΩ depending on the light falling on it.
- 1 flex sensor: the more the sensor is flexed, the higher the resistance, thereby allowing you to measure movement and position.
- 1 piezo buzzer / speaker: 1 × 12 mm round speaker operating in the range of audible frequencies around 2 kHz.
- 2 × 1.0 MΩ 1/6 W PTH resistors: ±5% tolerance resistors.
Ressources for the Essential Sensor Kit
The following video presents the kit components: