Ultimate GPS Logger Shield for Arduino (with GPS Module)
Including €0.01 for ecotax
Ultimate GPS Logger Shield for Arduino: GPS acquisition within your reach!
The Ultimate GPS module is a GPS module that allows you to accurately locate any device into which it has been integrated using satellite triangulation. It also provides reliable information on the device’s land speed, direction and altitude. You can store the data collected by your module on a microSD card (not included) or simply use the Ultimate GPS module’s geolocation function for your projects.
Here, the Ultimate GPS by Adafruit has been mounted on a shield compatible with Arduino Uno, Arduino Leonardo, Duemilanove and Diecimila. The 0.1” male headers are provided along with a miniature 12 mm diameter coin cell. After a bit of soldering, you’ll be ready to stack your shield on your Arduino!
The added bonus of this shield? It has a micro FL (uFL) connector for an external antenna. If you plan to place your project inside an enclosure to make it more compact, you can use this antenna to continue receiving satellite signals.
Ultimate GPS Logger Shield for Arduino: numerous geolocation possibilities
With the Adafruit GPS shield, you can easily create a GPS data logger on Arduino by adding a microSD card. You can also use it simply for its primary function (geolocation) to create a multitude of fun projects, for example:
- Geocaching project: use the geolocation technique to find any object equipped with this module hidden anywhere in the world (or in your neighbourhood)!
- A smart object using GPS technology: create a device capable of performing different functions depending on where you are. For example? An MP3 reader that plays a specific title when you reach a certain destination!
- Or quite simply... a DIY GPS system!
Technical specifications of the Ultimate GPS Logger Shield for Arduino
- Sensitivity: -165 dBm, 10 Hz updates, 66 channels
- Low-power module: just 20 mA, i.e. half as much as most GPS systems
- Assembled and tested for Arduino Uno/Duemilanove/Diecimila/Leonardo (not compatible with Mega/ADK/Due)
- microSD slot
- RTC battery for dating (life expectancy > 7 years)
- Internal data logging system to flash memory
- PPS output (pulse per second)
- Operating altitude > 25 km
- Internal antenna and micro FL connector for external active antenna
- Power, #13 and status LED
- Large prototyping area
- Dimensions: 69 x 53 x 6.7 mm
- Weight: 24 g
Resources for the Ultimate GPS Logger Shield for Arduino
Below is a link to the full tutorial for this Adafruit shield for Arduino, including sample programming codes and datasheets: