SI1145 IR / UV / Visible Light Sensor
The SI1145 Visible Light Sensor is equipped with UV and IR sensors to accurately measure the level of UV radiation in any type of light. Born of a fruitful partnership between SiLabs and Adafruit!
Including €0.02 for ecotax
SI1145: an IR / UV sensor combined with a visible light sensor
The SI1145 IR / UV / Visible Light Sensor designed by SiLabs includes an algorithm calibrated for accurately measuring UV rays. It communicates its information via its I2C bus, making it compatible with all types of microcontrollers.
It also has an infrared sensor and a UV sensor, so performs efficiently and accurately with the entire light spectrum.
Successful collaboration between SiLabs and Adafruit
Adafruit chose this SI1145 module combining an IR sensor, a UV sensor and a visible light sensor as its base for creating a module that works with any microcontroller:
- It has an embedded voltage regulator allowing you to power your sensor on 3 or 5V;
- The circuit comes fully assembled and – almost – ready to use. All you need to do is solder the PCB header supplied with the sensor according to your needs.
Technical specifications of the SI1145 IR / UV Sensor
- Supply: 3–5 Vdc
- I2C protocol
- UV light: 280–400 nm
- Visible light: 400–530 nm
- IR light: 550–1000 nm
- Dimensions: 20 x 18 x 12 mm
- Comes with a compatible header
Resources for the SI1145 Visible Light Sensor
Don’t forget to follow this link to learn even more about how to use the SI1145 Visible Light Sensor with your Arduino.