Dynamixel XM540-W270-R Servo
This new Dynamixel servo in the X series is a great addition to the family with its compact design, extensive feedback, various wiring options, and improved heat sink!
Including €0.05 for ecotax
A 12V servo with a TTL interface
The XM540-W270-R actuator is the newest addition to the increasingly wider range of Dynamixel X servos. It has a reduction ratio of 272.5:1 and can generate a starting torque of 106 kg.com (10.6 N.m). It handles supply voltages between 11.1 and 14.8V and is equipped with an RS-485 multi-drop bus interface. (Please note that if you’re looking for a TTL-interfaced Dynamixel servo, you’ll want a model with a serial number ending with a T.)
A worthy representative of the Dynamixel X series
Like with all the actuators in the Dynamixel X series previously released by Robotis, the XM540-W270-R servo includes a variety of valuable features for robotics enthusiasts and researchers or teachers:
- Extensive feedback: position, speed, temperature, input voltage, and so on;
- Many control options: torque, PWM, current-based torque, velocity, and so on;
- Real energy savings compared with the previous versions;
- An absolute contactless encoder offering a 360° control mode;
- A more compact case in aluminium offering improved heat sink;
- Various wiring options and a flap at the back of the case to minimise cable stress.
Technical specifications of the XM540-W270-R servo
- Weight: 165 g
- Dimensions: 33.5 x 58.5 x 44 mm
- Reduction ratio: 272.5: 1
- Starting torque: 10 N.m @ 11.1V; 10.6 N.m @ 12V; 12.9 N.m @ 14.8V
- Starting current: 4.2A @ 11.1V; 4.4A @ 12V; 5.5A @ 14.8V
- No-load speed: 28 rpm @ 11.1V; 30 rpm @ 12V; 37 rpm @ 14.8V
- ST Cortex-M3 processor (STM32F103C8 @ 72 MHz, 32 bit)
- Position sensor: absolute contactless encoder (12 bit, 360°) by AMS
- Coreless motor
- Min. rotation: ±0.088 x 4.096 steps
- Operating range: from 0 to 360°, continuous turn servo
- Input voltage: 10~14.8V (recommended: 12V)
- Operating temperature: -5 to +80°C
- Control signal: digital packets
- Protocol: RS-485 asynchronous serial communication (8 bits, 1 stop, no parity)
- Connection: RS-485 multi-drop bus
- IDs: 253 (0~252)
- Com speed: 9,600 bps~4.5 Mbps
- Feedback: position, velocity, current, trajectory, temperature, input voltage, etc.
- Metal and engineering plastic body, metal gears
- Standby current: 40 mA
- 1 Dynamixel XM540-W270-R servo
- 1 HN13-N101 horn assembly
- 1 Teflon washer (for horn assembly)
- 1 x 180 mm X4P robotics cable
- 1 x 180 mm X4P robotics cable (convertible)
- 1 x 160 mm 3P cable
- 16 WB M2.5*5 bolts
- 10 WB M2.5*4 bolts
- 1 WB M3*8 bolt
- 8 spacer rings
Resources for the Robotis Dynamixel 902-0133-000
You’ll find all the documents you need to start your XM540-W270-R adventure below!
- Tension de fonctionnement [V]
- 10 - 14.8 V
- Couple de décrochage [N-m]
- Courant de décrochage [A]
- 4 - 4.5 A
- Vitesse à vide [rpm]
- 30 - 39
- Protocole de communication
Check that your Dynamixel servomotor is correctly configured. Do not hesitate to re-flash it with the ROBOTIS Software Roboplus. After re-flash remember to re-configure it. If the issue is not solved, contact us for an advanced support.
The motor is probably not well mounted. Check that you correctly mounted the horns by respecting the mark.
Check your power supply and the system cabling (try with a different servomotor). You can also reset the servo. If nothing works, the best solution is to go through the Dynamixel servomotor checklist!
The 1.0 protocol is dedicated to the Dynamixel AX and MX series. Protocol 2.0 is for the X and Dynamixel Pro series. Protocol 2.0 control tables include PID controls which allow for more precise adjustment of the servo motor movements. Protocol 2.0 can be updated on MX series servo motors. You can refer to the protocol 1.0 and protocol 2.0 pages for more informations.