- or -
Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
Dynamixel XM540-W150-R Servo
Including €0.05 for ecotax
Dynamixel XM540-W150-R servo: fast and precise
Featuring a no-load speed of 53 rpm at 12V, the XM540-W150-R servo is one of the fastest in the Robotis range. It offers 6 operating modes:
- Current control mode
- Velocity control mode
- Position control mode (0-360°)
- Extended position control mode (multi-turn)
- Current-based position control mode
- PWM control mode
It also provides extensive feedback: charging status, position, speed, temperature, current, trajectory, input voltage, and so on. You’ll appreciate these features if you’re looking for quality servos to equip robots with complex joints.
Numerous mounting options
Strictly in terms of hardware, this new series of
has many advantages: a case in aluminium offering improved heat sink, a flap at the base of the case to minimise cable stress, and various wiring options for a more ergonomic assembly.
Technical specifications of the XM540-W150-R servo
- ST CORTEX-M3 microcontroller (STM32F103C8 @ 72 MHz, 32 bit)
- Weight: 165 g
- Dimensions: 33.5 x 58.5 x 44 mm
- Control signal: digital packets
- Reduction ratio: 152.3:1
- Starting torque: 73 kg.cm / 7.3 N.m @ 12V
- No-load speed: 53 rpm @ 12V
- Supply current: 4.4A
- Standby current: 40 mA
- Input voltage: 10 @ 14.8V
- Max. voltage: 14.8V
- Recommended voltage: 12V
- Min. rotation: around 0.088° x 4,096
- Protocol type: RS485 - Half-duplex asynchronous serial communication (8 bits, 1 stop, no parity)
- Operating range: from 0 to 360°, continuous turn servo
- Operating temperature: -5 °C ~ +80 °C
- Physical connection: RS485
- IDs: 254 (0~253)
- Transmission rate: 9,600 bps ~ 4.5 Mbps
- Feedback: Position, temperature, charging status, input voltage, etc.
- Case in aluminium and engineering plastic
- Metal gear
Resources for the Dynamixel XM540-W150-R Robotis servo
Comparison of performance data, technical diagrams, download of software, SDK and IDE ... the list of useful links for your XM540-W150-R servo motor is long. That's why we've put everything together for you here!
- Compatibility guide Dynamixel
- Controller compatibility table
- Schematics XM540-W150-R
- Dynamixel Software Development Kit
- IDE OpenCM
- RoboPlus (R+) Software
- E-manual XM540-W150-R
- Robotis Support
Check that your Dynamixel servomotor is correctly configured. Do not hesitate to re-flash it with the ROBOTIS Software Roboplus. After re-flash remember to re-configure it. If the issue is not solved, contact us for an advanced support.
The motor is probably not well mounted. Check that you correctly mounted the horns by respecting the mark.
There is probably a mechanical issue with the Dynamixel servomotor. You can directly contact us to get more advance support.
Check your power supply and the system cabling (try with a different servomotor). You can also reset the servo. If nothing works, the best solution is to go through the Dynamixel servomotor checklist!
The 1.0 protocol is dedicated to the Dynamixel AX and MX series. Protocol 2.0 is for the X and Dynamixel Pro series. Protocol 2.0 control tables include PID controls which allow for more precise adjustment of the servo motor movements. Protocol 2.0 can be updated on MX series servo motors. You can refer to the protocol 1.0 and protocol 2.0 pages for more informations.