Dynamixel XH540-W270-R Servo Motor
The Dynamixel XH540-W270-R servo motor can generate a powerful torque and offers numerous control options to the most hard-to-please robotics engineers and fans of all-terrain vehicles.
Including €0.10 for ecotax
Dynamixel XH540-W270-R servo motor: all-in-one and all-terrain
This Dynamixel servo offers a reduction ratio of 275:1 which makes it a great fit for robotic devices exploring difficult terrain. It is slower than the XH540-W150-R model, but it generates a more powerful torque.
As with all the XH series servos, you’ll benefit from an all-in-one device: you’ll only need to connect it to your controller or a USB2Dynamixel module and a power supply to get immediately started. Fully programmable, it offers extended torque, position, velocity or PWM control with a total of 6 operating modes. You can use the provided JST-Molex cable to connect it to its controller, as the Dynamixel XH540-W270-R servo motor has a gold-plated JST-compatible connector, which is much more reliable than the Molex connector used in the previous series.
A high-quality Dynamixel servo with numerous mounting options
The Dynamixel XH540-W270-R servo motor benefits from a high-quality design: its precious metal and engineering plastic casing delivers satisfactory heat dissipation.
At the back of the case, you can position the connection cable in 3 different arrangements. And with the suitable frames, you can mount your Dynamixel servo in many configurations, which is particularly useful if you’re planning to build a complex robot.
Finally, the Dynamixel XH540-W270-R servos can be linked together in a daisy chain.
Technical specifications of the Robotis XH540-W270-R servo
- Cortex M3 microcontroller (72 MHz, 32 bits)
- Input voltage: 10 -14.8V (recommended: 12V)
- Performance characteristics
- Voltage rating: 12V
- Starting torque: 9.9 Nm
- Starting current: 4.9A
- No-load speed: 39 rpm
- No-load current: 0.07A
- Resolution: 0,0879° x 4,096
- Angle: 360°
- Reduction ratio: 272.5:1
- Position sensor: absolute contactless encoder (12 bits, 360°)
- Operating temperature: -5 to 80°C
- Coreless Maxon motor
- Baud rate: 9,600–4,500,000 bps
- PID control algorithm
- Gear type: straight spur
- Gear material: precious metal
- Case material: precious metal and engineering plastic
- Dimensions: 33.5 x 58.5 x 44 mm
- Weight: 165 g
- Control signal: digital packets
- Protocol: half-duplex asynchronous serial communication (8 bits, 1 stop, no parity)
- Connection: RS485 multi-drop bus
- IDs: 0~252
- Feedback: position, velocity, current, realtime tick, trajectory, temperature, voltage, external port, etc.
- Protocol version: 1.0, 2.0 (default)
- Operating mode/angle:
- Position control mode: endless turn
- Velocity control mode: endless turn
- Position control mode: 360°
- Extended position control mode: +/- 256 revolutions
- Current-based position control mode: +/- 256 revolutions
- PWM control mode: endless turn
- Standby current: 40 mA
Resources for the XH540-W270-R servo
We’ve compiled all the resources you’ll need to make the most of your Dynamixel XH540-W270-R servo motor.
- Tension de fonctionnement [V]
- 10 - 14.8 V
- Couple de décrochage [N-m]
- Courant de décrochage [A]
- Vitesse à vide [rpm]
- 30 - 39
- Protocole de communication