Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
Dynamixel XM540-W270-T Servo Motor
Including €0.05 for ecotax
Dynamixel XM540-W270-T servo motor: the best results in terms of torque
The XM540-W270-T servo motor stands out from the Dynamixel X-series models for its very powerful stall torque of 10.6 Nm (though it only weighs 165 g). This is particularly interesting for all your robotics projects designed for carrying heavy payloads or exploring difficult terrain.
As compact as the other models in the series (less than 6 cm high and just 3.35 cm wide), it features a TTL connection, is very energy efficient, and includes an improved case offering better heat sink. Benefiting from a high-quality motor and the right choice of materials, this servo is as reliable as it is durable.
A Robotis servo you can control from A to Z
Robotis has developed a whole range of fully programmable servos that you can control in every aspect. PWM, position, consumption, temperature, speed... This servo provides extensive feedback, as always. Six control modes are available: torque, position, velocity, extended position, current-based position and PWM. It also includes a PID controller, a popular regulator used in industrial applications.
In short, you’ll have a servo ready in all circumstances, from prototyping to competition robots to autonomous navigation or robotised arms. The Dynamixel XM540-W270-T servo motor adapts just as well to use in a classroom environment as in a research lab, or for developing automated process solutions.
Technical specifications of the Robotis XM540-W270-T servo
- Cortex M3 microcontroller (72 MHz, 32 bits)
- Input voltage: 10~14.8V (recommended: 12V)
- Voltage rating: 12V
- Stall torque: 10.6 Nm (106 kg.cm @ 12V)
- Blocking current: 4.4A
- No-load speed: 30 rpm
- No-load current: 0.07A
- Min. rotation: 0,0879° x 4,096
- Angular resolution: 360°
- Position sensor: absolute contactless encoder (12 bits, 360°)
- Operating temperature: -5 to 80°C
- Coreless motor
- Baud rate: 9600–4,500,000 bps
- Control algorithm: PID
- Gear type: spur
- Precious metal gears
- Case in precious metal and engineering plastic
- Dimensions: 33.5 x 58.5 x 44 mm
- Weight: 165 g
- Reduction ratio: 272.5:1
- Control signal: digital packet
- Protocol: TTL – half-duplex asynchronous serial communication (8 bits, 1 stop, no parity)
- IDs: 0 to 252
- Feedback: position, velocity, current, trajectory, temperature, input voltage, etc.
- Protocol version: 1.0, 2.0 (default)
- Operating mode/angle:
- Current mode: endless turn
- Velocity control mode: endless turn
- Position control mode: 360°
- Extended position control mode: ±256 revs
- Current-based position control mode: ±256 revs
- PWM control mode: endless turn
- Standby current: 40 mA
- Package components:
- 1 x Dynamixel XM540-W270-T servo
- 1 x HN13-N101 horn assembly
- 1 x Teflon washer for horn assembly
- 1 x 180 mm X3P robotics cable
- 1 x 180 mm X3P robotics cable (convertible)
- 1 x 160 mm 3P robotics cable
- 16 x WB M2.2x5 wrench bolt
- 10 x WB M2.5x4 wrench bolt
- 1 x WB M3x8 wrench bolt
- 8 x spacer ring
Resources for the XM540-W270-T servo
We’ve gathered below everything you’ll need to make the most of your Dynamixel XM540-W270-T servo motor:
- Tension de fonctionnement [V]
- 10 - 14.8 V
- Couple de décrochage [N-m]
- Courant de décrochage [A]
- 4 - 4.5 A
- Vitesse à vide [rpm]
- 30 - 39
- Protocole de communication
Check that your Dynamixel servomotor is correctly configured. Do not hesitate to re-flash it with the ROBOTIS Software Roboplus. After re-flash remember to re-configure it. If the issue is not solved, contact us for an advanced support.
The motor is probably not well mounted. Check that you correctly mounted the horns by respecting the mark.
Check your power supply and the system cabling (try with a different servomotor). You can also reset the servo. If nothing works, the best solution is to go through the Dynamixel servomotor checklist!
The 1.0 protocol is dedicated to the Dynamixel AX and MX series. Protocol 2.0 is for the X and Dynamixel Pro series. Protocol 2.0 control tables include PID controls which allow for more precise adjustment of the servo motor movements. Protocol 2.0 can be updated on MX series servo motors. You can refer to the protocol 1.0 and protocol 2.0 pages for more informations.