Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
Dynamixel XM540-W150-T Servo Motor
Including €0.05 for ecotax
The Dynamixel XM540-W150-T servo motor with a TTL interface belongs to the vast Dynamixel range of fully programmable, reliable, powerful and fast actuators, intended for the most meticulous robotics engineers.
Dynamixel XM540-W150-T servo: absolute control
Like all the Robotis X series servos, the Dynamixel XM540-W150-T offers torque, speed, position and even PWM control. With 6 various control modes available, it provides extensive feedback on your servo’s operating characteristics: trajectory, motor temperature, supply voltage, and so on.
Fully programmable using the software that you can download below, the XM540-W150-T with a TTL interface offers a 360° scan angle at a 73 kg.cm stall torque. Featuring a no-load speed of 53 rpm, it’s one of the fastest in the Dynamixel range, with a slightly higher torque than the XH540-W150-T model.
Mounting specifications of the XM540-W150-T servo
The Dynamixel XM540-W150-T servo motor has a case in aluminium and engineering plastic delivering effective heat dissipation. At the back, a fastening structure allows you to pass the connection cable right through or laterally (on the left or on the right). These 3 mounting configurations make it possible to create a robotics platform with multiple servos.
The various brackets available for mounting your Dynamixel XM540-W150-T servo also make it a very adaptable solution for the most complex assemblies.
Technical specifications of the Robotis XM540-W150-T servo
- Cortex M3 microcontroller (72 MHz, 32 bits)
- Input voltage: 10~14.8V (recommended: 12V)
- Voltage rating: 12V
- Stall torque: 7.30 Nm (73 kg.cm @ 12V)
- Blocking current: 4.4A
- No-load speed: 53 rpm
- No-load current: 0.07A
- Min. rotation: 0,0879° x 4,096
- Angular resolution: 360°
- Position sensor: absolute contactless encoder (12 bits, 360°)
- Operating temperature: -5 to 80°C
- Coreless motor
- Baud rate: 9600–4,500,000 bps
- Control algorithm: PID
- Gear type: spur
- Precious metal gears
- Case in precious metal and engineering plastic
- Dimensions: 33.5 x 58.5 x 44 mm
- Weight: 165 g
- Reduction ratio: 152.3:1
- Control signal: digital packet
- Protocol: TTL – half-duplex asynchronous serial communication (8 bits, 1 stop, no parity)
- IDs: 0 to 252
- Feedback: position, velocity, current, trajectory, temperature, input voltage, etc.
- Protocol version: 1.0, 2.0 (default)
- Operating mode/angle:
- Current mode: endless turn
- Velocity control mode: endless turn
- Position control mode: 360°
- Extended position control mode: ±256 revs
- Current-based position control mode: ±256 revs
- PWM control mode: endless turn
- Standby current: 40 mA
- Package components:
- 1 x Dynamixel XM540-W150-T servo
- 1 x HN13-N101 horn assembly
- 1 x Teflon washer for horn assembly
- 1 x 180 mm X3P robotics cable
- 1 x 180 mm X3P robotics cable (convertible)
- 1 x 160 mm 3P robotics cable
- 16 x WB M2.2x5 wrench bolt
- 10 x WB M2.5x4 wrench bolt
- 1 x WB M3x8 wrench bolt
- 8 x spacer ring
Resources for the XM540-W150-T servo
Make the most of your Dynamixel XM540-W150-T servo motor with this list of useful links:
Check that your Dynamixel servomotor is correctly configured. Do not hesitate to re-flash it with the ROBOTIS Software Roboplus. After re-flash remember to re-configure it. If the issue is not solved, contact us for an advanced support.
The motor is probably not well mounted. Check that you correctly mounted the horns by respecting the mark.
Check your power supply and the system cabling (try with a different servomotor). You can also reset the servo. If nothing works, the best solution is to go through the Dynamixel servomotor checklist!
The 1.0 protocol is dedicated to the Dynamixel AX and MX series. Protocol 2.0 is for the X and Dynamixel Pro series. Protocol 2.0 control tables include PID controls which allow for more precise adjustment of the servo motor movements. Protocol 2.0 can be updated on MX series servo motors. You can refer to the protocol 1.0 and protocol 2.0 pages for more informations.