- or -
Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
Dynamixel XH540-W150-R Servo Motor
Including €0.10 for ecotax
The Dynamixel XH540-W150-R Servo Motor opens up a whole range of new and interesting possibilities for robotics enthusiasts interested in a 100% programmable, energy-efficient servo with a motor of a higher quality than that in the XM series.
Dynamixel XH540-W150-R Servo Motor: a high-quality 12V motor
Like all the Robotis XH series servos, the XH540-W150-R model includes a high-quality Maxon motor, which is more hard-wearing and reliable than the equipment installed on the XM series. The Dynamixel XH540-W150-R Servo Motor offers not only an RS-485 connection but also speed, position and PWM control, with a gear ratio of approximately 150:1.
It has a gold-plated JST connector, which is of a higher quality than the Molex connectors used in the previous series. And its precious metal and engineering plastic casing delivers effective protection and satisfactory heat dissipation.
Dynamixel XH servos: an all-in-one Dynamixel
These Robotis Dynamixel servos combine a controller, motor, reduction gearbox, incremental encoder and magnetic encoder in a single component. Its all-in-one system allows you to assemble the servo on your robot without adding other modules. All you’ll need is a power supply and a communication module. It comes with its own JST-Molex cable allowing you to connect your servo to a compatible controller or U2D2 Dynamixel module.
With the Dynamixel XH series, you can connect multiple servos in a chain for a much cleaner assembly. The 6-port RX/EX Power Hub allows you to power up to 6 servo chains in parallel. Plus, it is a servo that offers numerous assembly configurations, including 3 different wiring arrangements.
Technical specifications of the Robotis XH540-W150-R Servo
- Cortex M3 microcontroller (72 MHz, 32 bits)
- Input voltage: 10 -14.8V (recommended: 12V)
- Performance characteristics
- Voltage rating: 12V
- Starting torque: 7.1 Nm
- Starting current: 4.9A
- No-load speed: 70 rpm
- No-load current: 0.07A
- Resolution: 0,0879° x 4,096
- Angle: 360°
- Reduction ratio: 152.3:1
- Position sensor: absolute contactless encoder (12 bits, 360°)
- Operating temperature: -5 to 80°C
- Coreless Maxon motor
- Baud rate: 9,600–4,500,000 bps
- PID control algorithm
- Gear type: straight spur
- Gear material: precious metal
- Case material: precious metal and engineering plastic
- Dimensions: 33.5 x 58.5 x 44 mm
- Weight: 165 g
- Control signal: digital packets
- Protocol: half-duplex asynchronous serial communication (8 bits, 1 stop, no parity)
- Connection: RS485 multi-drop bus
- IDs: 0~252
- Feedback: position, velocity, current, realtime tick, trajectory, temperature, voltage, external port, etc.
- Protocol version: 1.0, 2.0 (default)
- Operating mode/angle:
- Position control mode: endless turn
- Velocity control mode: endless rotation
- Position control mode: 360°
- Extended position control mode: +/- 256 revolutions
- Current-based position control mode: +/- 256 revolutions
- PWM control mode: endless turn
- Standby current: 40 mA
Resources for the Robotis Dynamixel XH540-W150-R Servo
Don’t wait a moment longer to check out the free online resources for your Dynamixel XH540-W150-R servo.
Check that your Dynamixel servomotor is correctly configured. Do not hesitate to re-flash it with the ROBOTIS Software Roboplus. After re-flash remember to re-configure it. If the issue is not solved, contact us for an advanced support.
The motor is probably not well mounted. Check that you correctly mounted the horns by respecting the mark.
There is probably a mechanical issue with the Dynamixel servomotor. You can directly contact us to get more advance support.
Check your power supply and the system cabling (try with a different servomotor). You can also reset the servo. If nothing works, the best solution is to go through the Dynamixel servomotor checklist!
The 1.0 protocol is dedicated to the Dynamixel AX and MX series. Protocol 2.0 is for the X and Dynamixel Pro series. Protocol 2.0 control tables include PID controls which allow for more precise adjustment of the servo motor movements. Protocol 2.0 can be updated on MX series servo motors. You can refer to the protocol 1.0 and protocol 2.0 pages for more informations.