- or -
Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
Dynamixel XH430-W350-R Servo
Including €0.01 for ecotax
Opt for the very best in velocity, position, and PWM control
The new XH-series Dynamixel servos by Robotis (the H standing for High-performance) opens up a whole new range of possibilities for controlling your robot’s movement, trajectory or speed. These servos offer no fewer than 6 operating modes:
- Current control mode (the position is calculated based on current variations)
- Velocity control mode
- Position control mode (0-360°)
- Extended position control mode (multi-turn)
- PWM (pulse-width modulation) control mode (voltage control mode)
Robotis has also put together an exclusive advanced control table for controlling and editing a large array of data. This control table is available on Windows, Mac, or Linux.
As usual, you can use your PC (Windows, Mac, or Linux) with the USB2Dynamixel or a suitable microcontroller to control your Dynamixel servo (see below th elist of the required components):
- OpenCM9.04-A control board
- OpenCM 485 Expansion board
- SMPS charger and Power Cord for Dynamixel servomotors
- (or) LBS-10 LiPo 11V battery for Dynamixel<servomotor
Numerous mounting possibilities
The Dynamixel XH servo has a robust, yet compact design, and is more energy-efficient. Also, it increases your mounting possibilities as the connecting cables can be set up in three different positions (keeping them out of the way when the servo is on). What’s more, you can mount your servo on its articulated structure in many ways.
Technical specifications of the XH430-W350-R Servo
- Microcontroller: ST CORTEX-M3 (STM32F103C8 @ 72 MHz, 32 bit)
- Position sensor: Contactless Absolute Encoder (AMS, 12 bit, 360°)
- Motor: Maxon
- Transmission rate: 9,600 bps ~ 4.5 Mbps
- Control algorithm: PID
- Degree of precision: 0.088°
- Weight: 82 g
- Dimensions: 28.5 × 46.5 × 34 mm
- Reduction ratio: 353.5:1
- 3.1 N.m @ 11.1V, 1.2A
- 3.4 N.m @ 12V, 1.3A
- 4.2 N.m @ 14.8V, 1.5A
- No-load speed:
- 27 rpm (@ 11.1V)
- 30 rpm (@ 12V)
- 37 rpm (@ 14.8V)
- Operating temperature: -5 °C ~ +80 °C
- Input voltage: 10 ~ 14.8V (recommended: 12V)
- Control signal: digital packet
- Protocol: RS485 asynchronous serial communication (8 bit, 1 stop, no parity)
- Connection: RS485 multi-drop bus
- Feedback: position, velocity, current, real-time tick, trajectory, temperature, input voltage, etc.
- Standby current: 40 mA
- Metal gear
- Case in aluminium and engineering plastic
- Comes with:
- 1 x XH430-W350-R Servo
- 1 x HN12-N101 horn assembly
- 1 x Teflon washer
- 1 x 180 mm X4P cable
- 1 x 180 mm X4P convertible cable
- 16 x 2.5.x4 wrench bolts
- 1 x 2.5.x8 wrench bolt
- 10 x 2x3 wrench bolts
- 8 x spacer rings
Resources for the Dynamixel XM430-W350-R servo
You are probably eager to test your Dynamixel XH servo, but do take a few minutes to check these useful links!
- Dynamixel XM430-W350-R servo
- Schematics (en)
- Software (en)
- Compatibility guide (en)
- Selection guide (en)
- Dynamixel SDK (en)
Check that your Dynamixel servomotor is correctly configured. Do not hesitate to re-flash it with the ROBOTIS Software Roboplus. After re-flash remember to re-configure it. If the issue is not solved, contact us for an advanced support.
The motor is probably not well mounted. Check that you correctly mounted the horns by respecting the mark.
There is probably a mechanical issue with the Dynamixel servomotor. You can directly contact us to get more advance support.
Check your power supply and the system cabling (try with a different servomotor). You can also reset the servo. If nothing works, the best solution is to go through the Dynamixel servomotor checklist!
The 1.0 protocol is dedicated to the Dynamixel AX and MX series. Protocol 2.0 is for the X and Dynamixel Pro series. Protocol 2.0 control tables include PID controls which allow for more precise adjustment of the servo motor movements. Protocol 2.0 can be updated on MX series servo motors. You can refer to the protocol 1.0 and protocol 2.0 pages for more informations.