Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
Dynamixel XH540-V270-R Servo Motor
Including €0.10 for ecotax
The Dynamixel XH540-V270-R servo motor is equipped with an RS485 interface and offers a 272.5:1 reduction ratio. It’s fully programmable, and with 6 various control modes available, it is suitable for many applications and configurations.
Dynamixel XH540-V270-R servo motor: 6 closed loop control modes
This Dynamixel servo offers numerous advantages in terms of durability, connection quality and, most importantly, control. Velocity, position and torque closed loop controls, including in PWM mode, will delight fans of radio-controlled vehicles.
This Robotis servo includes a coreless Maxon motor, which is more reliable than the equipment installed on the XM serie. And its precious metal and engineering plastic casing delivers satisfactory heat dissipation, with style.
The XH series servos come with a JST connector, ensuring more reliable communications than a Molex connector. Nevertheless, to connect your servo to a compatible OpenCM controller or U2D2Dynamixel stick, you can use a JST cable.
Precautions for mounting your Robotis XH540-V270-R servo
With the XH series, you can connect multiple servos in a chain for a much cleaner and easier assembly. Position your JST cable carefully to ensure that the wires do not get tangled up, which would damage the cable. Three wiring options are available, so you can choose the best one for your project.
If you want to attach your Dynamixel servo to a frame, make sure to use a standoff so that the fixing screw does not damage the frame.
Technical specifications of the XH540-V270-R Dynamixel servo
- Cortex M3 microcontroller (72 MHz, 32 bits)
- Input voltage: 24V
- Performance characteristics
- Voltage rating: 24V
- Starting torque: 9.2 Nm
- Starting current: 2.4A
- No-load speed: 34 rpm
- No-load current: 0.06A
- Resolution: 0,0879° x 4,096
- Angle: 360°
- Reduction ratio: 272.5:1
- Position sensor: absolute contactless encoder (12 bits, 360°)
- Operating temperature: -5 to 80°C
- Coreless Maxon motor
- Baud rate: 9,600–4,500,000 bps
- PID control algorithm
- Gear type: straight spur
- Gear material: precious metal
- Case material: precious metal and engineering plastic
- Dimensions: 33.5 x 58.5 x 44 mm
- Weight: 165 g
- Control signal: digital packets
- Protocol: half-duplex asynchronous serial communication (8 bits, 1 stop, no parity)
- Connection: RS485 multi-drop bus
- IDs: 0~252
- Feedback: position, velocity, current, realtime tick, trajectory, temperature, voltage, external port, etc.
- Protocol version: 1.0, 2.0 (default)
- Operating mode/angle:
- Position control mode: endless turn
- Velocity control mode: endless turn
- Position control mode: 360°
- Extended position control mode: +/- 256 revolutions
- Current-based position control mode: +/- 256 revolutions
- PWM control mode: endless turn
- Standby current: 36 mA
Resources for the Robotis XH540-V270-R servo
There are lots of resources available online for free to help you make the most of your Dynamixel XH540-V270-R servo motor.
- Tension de fonctionnement [V]
- Couple de décrochage [N-m]
- Courant de décrochage [A]
- 2 - 2.4 A
- Vitesse à vide [rpm]
- 30 - 39
- Protocole de communication
Check that your Dynamixel servomotor is correctly configured. Do not hesitate to re-flash it with the ROBOTIS Software Roboplus. After re-flash remember to re-configure it. If the issue is not solved, contact us for an advanced support.
The motor is probably not well mounted. Check that you correctly mounted the horns by respecting the mark.
Check your power supply and the system cabling (try with a different servomotor). You can also reset the servo. If nothing works, the best solution is to go through the Dynamixel servomotor checklist!
The 1.0 protocol is dedicated to the Dynamixel AX and MX series. Protocol 2.0 is for the X and Dynamixel Pro series. Protocol 2.0 control tables include PID controls which allow for more precise adjustment of the servo motor movements. Protocol 2.0 can be updated on MX series servo motors. You can refer to the protocol 1.0 and protocol 2.0 pages for more informations.