Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
Dynamixel XH540-W270-T Servo Motor
Including €0.10 for ecotax
The Dynamixel XH540-W270-T servo motor generates one of the most powerful torque in the Dynamixel X series. It offers all the advantages of Robotis XH servos in terms of high-quality design and control modes–plus a TTL interface.
Dynamixel XH540-W270-T servo motor: a powerful TTL version
With a 9.9 Nm starting torque and a 272.5:1 reduction ratio, the Dynamixel XH540-W270-T servo motor is making a name for itself as one of the most powerful actuators in its class. Similar to the XH540-W270-R model in terms of performance, this servo offers for its part a multidrop bus TTL interface.
Particularly well suited for building mobile robots meant to explore rough terrain, this Dynamixel servo also stands out for its numerous programming possibilities. You’ll benefit from 6 control modes, including in PWM mode, which will delight fans of radio-controlled vehicles. You can connect it directly to a PC using a U2D2 Dynamixel module or an Arduino microcontroller (or any compatible controller) thanks to the provided JST-Molex cable.
Dynamixel XH series servo motors: extreme manufacturing quality
The programmable servos in the Dynamixel XH range benefit from a high-quality design in many ways:
- The gold-plated JST connector ensures more reliable and stable communications than a Molex connector;
- The precious metal and engineering plastic casing delivers very satisfactory heat dissipation;
- 3 different arrangements are possible for the cable at the back of the case, and numerous assembly configurations are possible thanks to a wide range of compatible frames.
Technical specifications of the XH540-W270-T servo
- Cortex M3 microcontroller (72 MHz, 32 bits)
- Input voltage: 10 -14.8V (recommended: 12V)
- Performance characteristics
- Voltage rating: 12V
- Starting torque: 9.9 Nm
- Starting current: 4.9A
- No-load speed: 39 rpm
- No-load current: 0.07A
- Resolution: 0,0879° x 4,096
- Angle: 360°
- Reduction ratio: 272.5:1
- Position sensor: absolute contactless encoder (12 bits, 360°)
- Operating temperature: -5 to 80°C
- Coreless Maxon motor
- Baud rate: 9,600–4,500,000 bps
- PID control algorithm
- Gear type: straight spur
- Gear material: precious metal
- Case material: precious metal and engineering plastic
- Dimensions: 33.5 x 58.5 x 44 mm
- Weight: 165 g
- Control signal: digital packets
- Protocol: half-duplex asynchronous serial communication (8 bits, 1 stop, no parity)
- Connection: TTL multi-drop bus
- IDs: 0~252
- Feedback: position, velocity, current, realtime tick, trajectory, temperature, voltage, external port, etc.
- Protocol version: 1.0, 2.0 (default)
- Operating mode/angle:
- Position control mode: endless turn
- Velocity control mode: endless turn
- Position control mode: 360°
- Extended position control mode: +/- 256 revolutions
- Current-based position control mode: +/- 256 revolutions
- PWM control mode: endless turn
- Standby current: 40 mA
Resources for the Robotis Dynamixel XH540-W270-T servo
To make the most of all the possibilities offered by the Dynamixel XH540-W270-T servo motor, review these useful links:
- Tension de fonctionnement [V]
- 10 - 14.8 V
- Couple de décrochage [N-m]
- Courant de décrochage [A]
- Vitesse à vide [rpm]
- 30 - 39
- Protocole de communication
Check that your Dynamixel servomotor is correctly configured. Do not hesitate to re-flash it with the ROBOTIS Software Roboplus. After re-flash remember to re-configure it. If the issue is not solved, contact us for an advanced support.
The motor is probably not well mounted. Check that you correctly mounted the horns by respecting the mark.
Check your power supply and the system cabling (try with a different servomotor). You can also reset the servo. If nothing works, the best solution is to go through the Dynamixel servomotor checklist!
The 1.0 protocol is dedicated to the Dynamixel AX and MX series. Protocol 2.0 is for the X and Dynamixel Pro series. Protocol 2.0 control tables include PID controls which allow for more precise adjustment of the servo motor movements. Protocol 2.0 can be updated on MX series servo motors. You can refer to the protocol 1.0 and protocol 2.0 pages for more informations.