Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
TeraRanger Evo: 60-metre range, but the size of a stamp
If the weight and size of your on-board electronics components poses a serious problem, then TeraRanger Evo is the module for you. Weighing a total of 12 g and measuring less than 3 cm along each side, it offers a range of 60 metres and a data update rate of up to 240 Hz. Its LED technology makes it as accurate as it is efficient, with a featherweight power consumption not exceeding 330 mA. Rather than relying on a single point of light, the Terabee distance sensor measures an entire area: the further away it is, the greater the area is. It covers an area of 3 cm² at a distance of 1 metre, and 30 cm² at 10 metres.
Lots of potential uses
This 60-metre distance sensor can communicate via different interfaces – UART, I2C and USB 2.0 – for greater modularity. Its insignificant weight and very small dimensions make it easy to mount on a drone, a small mobile robot or any other robotised device. It is the perfect module for reconnaissance and exploration missions.
Technical specifications of the TeraRanger Evo distance sensor
- Update rate: up to 240 Hz
- Range: 0.5 to 60 metres
- Field of view: approx. 2°
- Resolution: 0.5 cm below 14 m, 2 cm from 14 m
- Accuracy: ±4 cm in the first 14 metres, 1.5% beyond 14 m
- Supply voltage: 5 Vdc
- Supply current: 90 mA–330 mA
- Dimensions: 29 x 29 x 22 mm (sensor + backboard)
- Weight of black sensor module: 9 g
- Weight of yellow backboard: 3 g
- Total weight: 12 g
- Interfaces: USB 2.0 micro-B, UART, I2C
Resources for the TeraRanger Evo sensor
To make sure you don’t miss any of the important information on your TeraRanger Evo, we’ve provided everything below: