Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
Parallax Continuous Rotation Servo with Position Feedback
This Parallax continuous rotation servo motor is the servo used to equip ActivityBot, Parallax’s mobile educational robot.
Parallax continuous rotation servo: 4 devices in 1
This small servo weighing just 40 g is four devices in one:
- A high-speed servo motor: 120 rpm @ 6V
- A servo with feedback control
- A continuous rotation servo
- An encoder
All combined in a lightweight and energy-efficient format, consuming approximately 0.15A in normal no-load operation.
Parallax servo: PWM and Hall effect for better feedback
Feedback control is based on two types of signal:
- A 50 Hz PWM signal
- A feedback signal from a Hall effect sensor for digital angular position feedback
This twofold control signal makes it easier to maintain a steady speed in continuous rotation, and to reach and hold a given angle while enjoying a great range of motion. It is therefore an ideal servo for equipping a small mobile robot.
Technical specifications of the 900-00360 servo motor
- Rotation speed: +/-120 rpm with feedback control, max. 140 rpm (+/-10) @ 6V, no load
- Polyacetal (POM) gears
- Nylon and fiberglass case
- 25 teeth, 5.96 mm
- Peak stall torque @ 6V: 2.2 kg-cm
- Voltage requirements: 6 Vdc typical, 5-8.4 Vdc max. range
- Ideal voltage range: 5.8-8V (to maintain continuous rotation speed control)
- Current requirements: 15 mA (+/-10) idle, 150 mA (+/-40) no-load, 1200 mA stalled
- Control signal: PWM, 3-5V 50 Hz, 1280-1720 µs
- Control signal zero-speed deadband: 1480-1520 µs (+/-10)
- Feedback sensor: Hall effect
- Feedback signal: PWM, 3.3V, 910 Hz, 2.7-97.1 % duty cycle
- Weight: 40 g
- Cable length: 250 mm
- Dimensions: 50.4 x 37.2 x 20 mm
- Mounting hole spacing: 10 x 49.5 mm on centre
- Operating temperature range: -15 to 70 °C
Resources for the Parallax Feedback 360° Servo
3D printing, programming, assembly, etc., everything you need for your Parallax continuous rotation servo with position feedback!
- Rotation type
- Limited rotation servo